Permission Needed To Travel With Infant?

Hi All,

I am in the process of arranging passports and other paperwork for our 10 day old baby.

I am Australian, My wife is Thai. Our daughter is both, and I want her to have both passports.

I have been advised that we will need to return to the Amphur where she is registered, and get a letter signed by my wife and I authorising the baby to travel.

I have been told that i will need this prior to applying for her Thai passport, as they will not issue a passport without it.

This sounds like complete <deleted> to me.

She will be travelling with both my wife and I, so i do not see the issue.

My wife and I will be together when we go to apply for her Thai passport.

Has someone else got a Thai passport for their little one recently who may be able to advise?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same boat as you. A child with Thai, Aust and Kiwi nationality.

My baby didn't have to move an inch. Neither did me or my wife. Simply, the head of the household where your wife lives has to take the childs Thai birth certificate to the Ampur and register them on the blue tabieen baan.

Once the child is on the tabieen baan, you can go to the passport office with your wife, taking your babies thai BC, your passport and your wife's ID card. The passport office will download the relevant data from the central house registry and that info will be used on the passport.

Can you let us know how long the process takes as I am in the same boat, but currently in the UK!

To get a Thai passport in Thailand (provided you have all the necessary documents to present to the passport office) takes about 3 days or a week if you have them post the passport back to your Thai address.

To get a Thai passport in UK takes (they quote) 6 weeks but in fact we received it in 4 weeks.