Atm Cash Deposits

Northpoint

BE CAREFUL WITH ATM CASH DEPOSITS

This morning I went to my Kasikorn Branch in Jomtien to deposit 20 000 Baht into my Savings Account. I used the Cash deposit ATM outside the bank. I followed the prompts and put my 20 000 Baht into the tray. When the screen said 20 000 THB. Correct? I hit the YES button and retrieved my ATM card.

I then went to update my Passbook on the adjacent ATM machine for Passbook Updates. You have guessed it. The 20 000 Baht I had just deposited were missing from my account.

It took them half an hour inside the bank to correct the mistake. Their final answer was that sometimes the magnetic strip on the ATM cards does not work. Why didn’t the ATM machine return my 20 000 Baht then? I wonder what would have happened, if I would not have checked my bank balance? Would the Kasikorn Bank have been 20 000 Baht richer? :o

Always do your ATM transactions during banking hours, when it is possible to get a bank worker to assist.

I guess its just me being a Luddite but there's no way I would ever trust any machine anywhere in the world to accept a deposit of my money. It's just too fraught with risk, especially in LOS

I always go to the bank teller and get a receipt, however bad the inconvenience.

You need to go to your bank and file a formal complaint. All the ATM transcations and entries are recorded in database, they have people who can review the recorded data and credit your account.

I once had a problem with withdrawal that failed in middle of transaction, the funds were deducted from my account but ATM didn't give me the money. I complained to my bank and they refunded my account... it took around 2 weeks. This was in Bangkok.

Good luck.

In my experience the error rate is super low... I have used cash deposit machines 4-5 times a week year round and can't recall a single error in 6 years (about the time Bangkok Bank started installing them in their main and sub branches and other banks started doing so as well).

:o

... ah I take that back. There was one case where an SCB cash deposit machine went blank in the middle of the transaction several years ago. The amount was credited within 24 hours, fairly hassle free (had write the amounts involved, check a box or two, and had to sign my name twice).

Edited by Heng

In my experience the error rate is super low... I have used cash deposit machines 4-5 times a week year round and can't recall a single error in 6 years (about the time Bangkok Bank started installing them in their main and sub branches and other banks started doing so as well).

:D

... ah I take that back. There was one case where an SCB cash deposit machine went blank in the middle of the transaction several years ago. The amount was credited within 24 hours, fairly hassle free (had write the amounts involved, check a box or two, and had to sign my name twice).

dont use atms full stop ,always go to the counter :o

• 4 years later...

sorry to bump an old thread. This just happened to me. Loaded the machine with cash to deposit and when I confirmed the amount, the ATM went offline and spit out my card and receipt and no money back. Went inside the bank where they called bangkok or wherever and have to wait 3-5 days to get the money back.

BE CAREFUL WITH ATM CASH DEPOSITS

I always do your ATM transactions during banking hours, when it is possible to get a bank worker to assist.

This is the best advice ,you can have !

:o Wiley Coyote

i will buy the do your transactions during banking hours, but what is the point of using an atm if i have a teller assisting me? Why wouldnt i go straight to the teller in the first place?

Would you recommend also that i should use a prostitute to assist me in a wank and an attendant to pump my gas at the self serve?

Edited by nocturn

I guess its just me being a Luddite but there's no way I would ever trust any machine anywhere in the world to accept a deposit of my money. It's just too fraught with risk, especially in LOS

I always go to the bank teller and get a receipt, however bad the inconvenience.

Amen. I save a little each month after withdrawing from the ATM from an account in the US and then deposit it into one of three Thai accounts. Bank service at all three is ridiculous, having a seat and wait 15-20 minutes for service. However, I wouldn't deposit a baht into one of those deposit machines. Heard too many horror stories over the years since they started using them.