Too much vitamins she said?

georgegeorgia

40 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Therein lies a problem, because any food which is different to that which is found in its natural state is actually "processed" and that includes cereals like wheat, corn etc. I think what most people understand by the word "processed" is food like sausages and smoked meats etc, whereas just about any food can be processed in one form or another, and usually is.

And as I said earlier, I don't know anybody who has this type of diet......

Fruit, vegetables, legumes (e.g. lentils and beans), nuts and whole grains (e.g. unprocessed maize, millet, oats, wheat and brown rice). At least 400 g (i.e. five portions) of fruit and vegetables per day (2), excluding potatoes, sweet potatoes, cassava and other starchy roots.

The Mediterranean diet looks to be one of the healthiest around, and I often wonder if I shouldnt go over and live in that part of the world!!!!

yes you are right....I should better say as least processed as possible. Yes I mean the deep frozen pizza. Of course wheat ground to powder is also processed.
I would not even take the time to read what the WHO says. I lost all the respect I had for them. And somewhere they even said that people should eat less meat because of resources and global warming which has nothing to do with personal health.
But the point that I wanted to make is: If don't eat too much processed food --> Eat what you cook yourself from basic ingredients and you vary what you eat (not like only Banana or only eggs) than it will be OK....if you eat too much fat or too little fat, too much protein or too little that all does not matter much, the body can handle it without any problems (if you keep things reasonable and don't do something complete crazy).
We don't need perfect nutrition, we are as flexible as pigs.
Only McDonalds, sugar, deep frozen pizza every day for many years will kill us......From eating almost only fat pork to eating almost only salad the body can compensate surprisingly well. There are people who didn't ate any carbohydrates for years or decades and are healthy and people who are living vegan who are healthy but you won't find a healthy 50 year old fast food eater.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 6:50 PM, Sheryl said:

You are certainly way overdoing it on the Vitamin D, usually recommeneded dose for adult supplementation is 800 iu. 4,000 i u daily is the absolute maximum dose considered safe;  I cannot imagine why you have been taking that much. Personally I take 800 iu Vit D daily and blood tests confirm that has me in normal range.

However it is not known to damage the liver.

Berroca already had B vitamins, it is a mix of B and C, so why on earth would you take both Berrocca and B Complex and Vit C? Ver high doses of niacin can damage the liver, no way to tell from what you wrote how much niacin you are getting.  Too much B6 can also cause problems though not AFAIK to thel iver.

Most people who suipplement would take just either 1 B Complex daily or one Berrocca daily. Certainly  not 2 B Co plus Berrocca.

Very high zinc intake can bt toxic to the liver, you do nto mention the dosage you take.

Tribulas is nto a vitamin and I already discussed the possible linkage between it and liver damage in your original thread...and advised you to stop taking it and repeat the labs (which apparently you have nto done).  https://aseannow.com/topic/1289059-fatty-liver/

Many doctors recommend 4000-5000....by coincident just today on youtube Dr. Campbell said that in Winter in UK he eats a 4000 a day.
I didn't read enough about that topic to have an own opinion....I only want to say that some do recommend such high doses to maintain healthy levels...and they also argue what a healthy level is. There are a lot university professors who disagree with each other on that topic. Vitamin D is a bit of a hype at the moment.

11 minutes ago, h90 said:

yes you are right....I should better say as least processed as possible. Yes I mean the deep frozen pizza. Of course wheat ground to powder is also processed.
I would not even take the time to read what the WHO says. I lost all the respect I had for them. And somewhere they even said that people should eat less meat because of resources and global warming which has nothing to do with personal health.
But the point that I wanted to make is: If don't eat too much processed food --> Eat what you cook yourself from basic ingredients and you vary what you eat (not like only Banana or only eggs) than it will be OK....if you eat too much fat or too little fat, too much protein or too little that all does not matter much, the body can handle it without any problems (if you keep things reasonable and don't do something complete crazy).
We don't need perfect nutrition, we are as flexible as pigs.
Only McDonalds, sugar, deep frozen pizza every day for many years will kill us......From eating almost only fat pork to eating almost only salad the body can compensate surprisingly well. There are people who didn't ate any carbohydrates for years or decades and are healthy and people who are living vegan who are healthy but you won't find a healthy 50 year old fast food eater.

The answer is having a small garden or a small land, and you will manage to stay healthy if you put in the necessary effort. 

Live healthy in a city or tourist destination cost a little bit more, and take a bit work to find all the healthy nutrients we need, but possible. 

Just have stay off late nights ( yes sleeps matter), drink less, eat less crap food, but very few want to change lifestyle for better health, and instead pop a multivitamin. 

Mostly excuses  when we discuss health in here. 

So many old Thais in village who had nothing than rice, fruit, vegetables, egg, chicken, fish and little bit meat, and still going strong. Common for them all, their did not drink much or smoke. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

The answer is having a small garden or a small land, and you will manage to stay healthy if you put in the necessary effort. 

Live healthy in a city or tourist destination cost a little bit more, and take a bit work to find all the healthy nutrients we need, but possible. 

Just have stay off late nights ( yes sleeps matter), drink less, eat less crap food, but very few want to change lifestyle for better health, and instead pop a multivitamin. 

Mostly excuses  when we discuss health in here. 

So many old Thais in village who had nothing than rice, fruit, vegetables, egg, chicken, fish and little bit meat, and still going strong. Common for them all, their did not drink much or smoke. 

yes...I would say sleep is the most important, than good food, than moving the body (doesn't need to be hard exercise).
I read from some sheep farmers in Bulgaria who get very old...they are outside all the day, but not hard labor, in the evening they sit together smoke, drink and play cards. But not excessive, all in moderation. They eat their products and what they find during the day.

In Bangkok if you want to eat high quality organic vegetables it get expensive. I do daily 1-2 hours of sport, I don't count calories but I think I eat more than people who only sit. The price of a small tray of tomatoes with almost no energy in "The Mall" is so only rich people can buy that in quantity. It is way cheaper to eat some junk food. And the market close to me is not that good....cheaper but quality is not perfect. Banana come total green, Tomato have no taste. Melones get watered to much...in the center not good.
It is expensive to eat good and time consuming (I only eat what I cook myself....half my body must be chicken already from "no time just fry some egg")

On 3/24/2023 at 11:22 PM, georgegeorgia said:

And now I got thinking if this was overworked my liver ?

I read that an elderly American guy had to have a liver transplant from taking green tea supplements, I'd say more than just green tea in his Tablets. 

Be careful where you buy your supplements from, I'd recommend buy only Australian supplements, they are more controlled than other countries.

Try getting your nutrition from fresh foods.

I reckon you're peeing out alot of those vitamins.

Edited by Cricky