Dermatologist needed Bangkok

Letseng

Institute of Dermatology, Rajavithi Hospital. 

It is a couple of hundred metres from Victory Monument skytrain station.

It is a public hospital but do not be deterred by that.  The building which is some fifteen stories tall is solely dedicated to dermatology and it is new as in everything in it.  It makes Bumrungrad look a bit shabby.

Excellent doctors and consultants.  Short surgery wait times.

I have used this hospital since about 2007 since they were in the old building next door and I recommend it.

Edited by In the jungle

9 hours ago, In the jungle said:

Institute of Dermatology, Rajavithi Hospital. 

It is a couple of hundred metres from Victory Monument skytrain station.

It is a public hospital but do not be deterred by that.  The building which is some fifteen stories tall is solely dedicated to dermatology and it is new as in everything in it.  It makes Bumrungrad look a bit shabby.

Excellent doctors and consultants.  Short surgery wait times.

I have used this hospital since about 2007 since they were in the old building next door and I recommend it.

But they never answer the phone, emails or thier online booking service. I went after seeing a dermatologist at Bangpakok 9, as well as 3 pharmacists. So far nothing any of them has suggested has worked at all for my folliculitis. Cheaper than private hospital though.

34 minutes ago, proton said:

But they never answer the phone, emails or thier online booking service. I went after seeing a dermatologist at Bangpakok 9, as well as 3 pharmacists. So far nothing any of them has suggested has worked at all for my folliculitis. Cheaper than private hospital though.

Walk in works.

They have been good for me but for a different medical condition.

1 hour ago, spongeworthy said:

Another recommendation for Bumrungrad.

Avoid Saint Louis. I went there first and still have the scar to prove it.

Hospital does not matter, it is choice of doctor that is important. There is no hospital without at least some poor/inept doctors.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Hospital does not matter, it is choice of doctor that is important. There is no hospital without at least some poor/inept doctors.

In this case it was a combination of a young, inexperienced, and possibly inept doctor using cheap old equipment resulting in said scarring.

Go to a cheap hospital and they likely have cheap older equipment combined with inexperienced doctors to use it on you. I learned my lesson.

Edited by spongeworthy

4 hours ago, spongeworthy said:

In this case it was a combination of a young, inexperienced, and possibly inept doctor using cheap old equipment resulting in said scarring.

Go to a cheap hospital and they likely have cheap older equipment combined with inexperienced doctors to use it on you. I learned my lesson.

There are also quite experiebced a doctors at St. Louis. Including some senior professors ftom Chula. And some of these are at both St. Louus and Bumrungrad.

Your issue was not due to going to St. Louis. It was result of not pre-selecting  a top doctor. Similiar problems can and do occur at even the most expenbsive hospitals and from same cause.