10 Most Annoying Songs Of All Time

So much to say, so little time

Simply the Best - Tina Turner

Agreed, annoying in the extreme, big hair, big boots.... simply dreadful (plus Chris Eubanks used it.... it should burn in he11 for that reason alone)

Lets get Physical - Oliva Newton John

Not that bad, and as a young boy it did teach me a valuable lesson about spandex :o

Anything by Michael Hasslehoff

I think you mean David, but yes, absolutely .... unless he does have a brother called Michael who has even less talent.

Grease - mostly the main song. v irritating. Ah wella wella wella..huh..tell me more tell me more.

That line is from Summer Lovin' ..... very puke worthy.

Grandad we love you - group of irritating kiddies. A grandma we love you came out too, equally annoying.

Grandad was Clive Dunn, a bloke pretending to be about twenty years older than he was, Dad's Army was good, Clive wasn't. Grandma was sung by the St. Winnifreds School Choir...... thanks for reminding me, I had nearly erased it from my memory.

Feed the world - mixed singers. The purpose was noble, but the song was actually awful imo.

I quite like that one, but I was a little involved with the whole live-aid thing at the time, so I am biased.

Anything by ZigZigSputnick (remember them?)

Yes and Yes.

Oh Vienna - Midge Ure

Don't knock Midge, nice bloke (and did better stuff than OMD)

Living doll - Cliff Richard and The Young Ones

Red Nose song, another noble cause. And it did put comedy before quality, nothing wrong with that apart from the fact that the entire quality control department took sick leave the day they issued that one.

Cliff Richard songs - the Christian and Christmas ones, when he was minus the shadows.

Err ... yes.... I'm off for a quick Hank :D

P.S. Eek, a dozen more posts and you can enter a realm of beauty and wonder, where topics like this get even more scrutiny..... I think it will suit you :D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great embellishing!

Oh..and thanks for correcting my mistake on David Hasslehoff, he may well have a less talented brother by the name of Michael, but that would be fluke on my part.

Im sure i can dredge up more. ..Ill just let my mind fester a bit......

edit:

I love Whitesnake! And I like rock ballads (but not lighters - I singe my fingers! :D )
Aww, well ill confess i did like a 'Here I go again' at the time. ;D
P.S. Eek, a dozen more posts and you can enter a realm of beauty and wonder, where topics like this get even more scrutiny..... I think it will suit you
<--oh? :o

edit edit: Just thought of another.. Spirit in the sky the Dr and the medics version.

Edited by eek

Anyone list that Suzanne Vega song?

It's sad that so many members here are picking excellent songs that were extremely popular and denigrating them.

Any song played over and over will become annoying after a while, no matter how sensational it is.

The most popular songs of all time obviously get the most air time.

I think the intent of this thread was to find annoying songs that were annoying right from the very first time they were heard.

We're looking for BAD songs, not overplayed GOOD songs.

My contribution:

Pass The Dutchie (On The Left Hand Side) - Musical Youth.

Edited by tropo

9. 'My Heart Will Go On', Celine Dion (1998)

This should read. Anything by Celine Dion!

"My Heart Will Go On" was ranked this year as the 14 month successful song in MUSIC HISTORY. The 2nd most successful song released by a solo female musician behind "I Will Always Love You" (another song mentioned on this thread).

How could anyone consider this song as one of the "10 most annoying songs of all time"?????

PS. Maybe you are from Japan, Canada or New Zealand; These were the only countries where this song didn't hit #1. Canada #14, Japan and NZ #34

It's sad that so many members here are picking excellent songs that were extremely popular and denigrating them.

Any song played over and over will become annoying after a while, no matter how sensational it is.

The most popular songs of all time obviously get the most air time.

I think the intent of this thread was to find annoying songs that were annoying right from the very first time they were heard.

We're looking for BAD songs, not overplayed GOOD songs.

My contribution:

Pass The Dutchie (On The Left Hand Side) - Musical Youth.

Oops I did it again was popular....it sucked too. :o

Oops I did it again was popular....it sucked too. :D

Yeah, a 10 x Platinum hit must be really bad. :o

Are we speaking the same language?

Edited by tropo

My name is Luca? <--That one? If so, yeh, i agree, it did get annoying.

Tropo, your right, its often the overplayed factor thats the problem, but what can you do? Once it grates, it grates. Im even guilty of playing a song i love to the death myself. Songs like Mr Blooby, however, were annoying from the onset. Maybe we should have two seperate lists: one for good songs that became annoying and the other for terrible songs that should never have been aired :D

More for the list:

The king of Rock and Roll - by Prefrab Sprout ("Hotdog, jumping frog ... Albuquerque". Who the heck in there right mind comes up with lyrics like that! I mean really?! And, honestly, the girl with the mad curly hair, red lips, and tamborine..with all that jumping around she did..was she on drugs or something?

Listen to my Heart - Brian Addams (prime example of an overplayed song i think)

Perfect - Fairground Attraction (.."too many people take second best, but i wont take anything less, it has to beee..yeah..perrrr---errrr-fect!" -Arghh!! She was another jumping around kinda girl, but did it with an umbrella rather than a tamborine. Both were/are Scottish actually...not sure how thats relevant to the jumping around thing tho..so nvm.)

Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler ("..turn around bright eyes...")

Actually..now im reminded of "Bright Eyes" by Art Garfunkel. The only reason im putting it in here is that it still brings a tear to my eye so let it burn.

P.S. Eek, a dozen more posts and you can enter a realm of beauty and wonder, where topics like this get even more scrutiny..... I think it will suit you
ANd im STILL clueless. Am i missing something obvious here? Um... :o

It's Ok guys, I'll send the PM...... can't wait for what name JG is going to come up with :D

Da Da Da (that bloody awful one in German played on a hand-held Casio keyboard, truly dreadful)

Da Da Da (that bloody awful one in German played on a hand-held Casio keyboard, truly dreadful)

I think that song was composed as a joke and shouldn't have been taken seriously anyway. It was so stupid it was funny and intended as such.

It's Ok guys, I'll send the PM...... can't wait for what name JG is going to come up with :D

How come nobody warned me?? I had to be roasted by JG and suffer the slings and arrows, etc..

9. 'My Heart Will Go On', Celine Dion (1998)

This should read. Anything by Celine Dion!

"My Heart Will Go On" was ranked this year as the 14 month successful song in MUSIC HISTORY. The 2nd most successful song released by a solo female musician behind "I Will Always Love You" (another song mentioned on this thread).

How could anyone consider this song as one of the "10 most annoying songs of all time"?????

PS. Maybe you are from Japan, Canada or New Zealand; These were the only countries where this song didn't hit #1. Canada #14, Japan and NZ #34

Just because it was successful. It doesnt mean we have to like it. Celine Dion is ######ing pish!!!IMHO! No arguement.

Just because it was successful. It doesnt mean we have to like it. Celine Dion is ######ing pish!!!IMHO! No arguement.

Talk about missing the point!

We're not disgussing which songs various members don't like, we're talking about the "10 most annoying songs of all times".

With 500 posts you become eligible to enter the Bedlam forum. Or, as it has become known, Jetlam.

The reasons will become obvious. :D

Sorry Old Croc,

Can I request that we include every "Rap" singer,black,white,yellow and tartan who ever thought he could sing ,because he can say words in rhyme! (For those old enough,that includes Telly Savalas as well )

Thank you ,I have been wanting to say that about these talentless,out of tune,no-hopers for ages !

:o Wiley Coyote, I agree, what a load of &lt;deleted&gt; !

Sorry Old Croc,

Can I request that we include every "Rap" singer,black,white,yellow and tartan who ever thought he could sing ,because he can say words in rhyme! (For those old enough,that includes Telly Savalas as well )

Thank you ,I have been wanting to say that about these talentless,out of tune,no-hopers for ages !

:o Wiley Coyote

What's wrong with rap music? Behind a commercial facade some rappers / producers are extremely musically gifted people. Beats thrash heavy metal any day! or for that matter most things produced under MGM stewardship.

Soundman.

Sorry disagree, rap, music for morons :D

Sorry Old Croc,

:o Wiley Coyote

What's wrong with rap music? Behind a commercial facade some rappers / producers are extremely musically gifted people. Beats thrash heavy metal any day! or for that matter most things produced under MGM stewardship.

Soundman.

Sorry disagree, rap, music for morons :D

Here are your "morons":

Jay-Z is the second richest Hip-Hop Entertainer (behind Sean "Puffy" Combs, a.k.a. Diddy), having a net-worth estimate of $340 million.[7]

Jay-Z

Jay-Z is the second richest Hip-Hop Entertainer (behind Sean "Puffy" Combs, a.k.a. Diddy), having a net-worth estimate of $340 million.[7]

Jay-Z

Does that make him worth listening to?

onzestan

It means millions of people thing he's worth listening to, and it means he's been creative with crafting new talents and smart with his business dealings. That's all.