Temperatures surpass 40 degrees Celsius, high winds and hail are next

webfact

image.jpeg

Residents of upper Thailand should prepare for severe weather conditions due to summer storms from Sunday to Wednesday, the Thai Meteorological Department announced.

The Northeast will be the first region to be hit by gusting winds and hail before storms spread to other regions, the department said.

People in the upper part of Thailand should be cautious outdoors, especially in areas near large trees and unsecured billboards, the department said.

It also urged farmers to make efforts to prevent crop damage.

Full story: https://bangkokone.news/temperatures-surpass-40-degrees-celsius-high-winds-and-hail-are-next/

image.png

-- © Copyright BANGKOK ONE NEWS 2023-03-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Get a monk to bless their crops. Works every time.

Well, their rain amulet and stay cool in the day amulets are not working for me. Paattaya is as dry and a bone where i am - be declaring drought soon, the grass is all dead and i do not see that alot

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Well, their rain amulet and stay cool in the day amulets are not working for me. Paattaya is as dry and a bone where i am - be declaring drought soon, the grass is all dead and i do not see that alot

Yes. I have a picture of our back garden taken exactly one year ago. Flooded.

Today , bone dry today and full of cracks.

rain3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

People that grow cassava for one. Cassava price is based on weight, starch content, and dirt etc. It can be harvested at any time. 

Cassava is a root vegetable.  Being underground it will be fairly safe from strong winds. 

"Cassava is a root vegetable. It is the underground part of the cassava shrub"

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323756#:~:text=Cassava is a root vegetable,similar shape to sweet potatoes.

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Cassava is a root vegetable.  Being underground it will be fairly safe from strong winds. 

I know that but when it comes to harvesting the weather (rain) plays a part in when to pull the root. Excuse the expression. Workers don't want to work in the rain.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

We're in Sakhon, Hopefully get some rain and thunderstorms this afternoon.

That's the forecast. Summer storm coming. No sign of it yet though. The big trees in the adjacent plot are shedding their leaves like crazy. Never had that before. I had to clear out our gutters with a blower this morning as blocked with leaves and twigs. Lawn was carpeted with them but finally got around to sweeping them all up before the heat arrived.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

It also urged farmers to make efforts to prevent crop damage.

How exactly is that done please?

Sorry, already been asked & answered.

Edited by KannikaP

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I know that but when it comes to harvesting the weather (rain) plays a part in when to pull the root. Excuse the expression. Workers don't want to work in the rain.

Does that help with the rice harvest?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No, you cannot harvest rice early to protect it from the storms.

Quite obvious really. In fact rice sowing has not started yet. So definitely no chance of being harvested early. Who mentioned rice anyway?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 3/27/2023 at 11:56 AM, MrJ2U said:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323756#:~:text=Cassava is a root vegetable,similar shape to sweet potatoes.

FYI, Cassava harvest is about finished for this year just a few odd fields to do, as it is for most years , there will not be a lot of damage they sugar cane is all done, no corn to dry just a few rie of irrigated corn.

So, again the OP should do his homework saying, "It also urged farmers to make efforts to prevent crop damage".

Very few crops to damage ...if any, only damage could be the roof on my cattle shed, which has seen better days.

• Haha 1