Temperatures surpass 40 degrees Celsius, high winds and hail are next

webfact

On 3/27/2023 at 6:32 AM, hotchilli said:

Any advice on how they should do that?

Not sure how to save crops however during that last storm in Chiang Mai that produced high winds and hail it was reported that there was a few million THB lost due to Tilapia fish being killed in the Ping River.

The report said that the loss occurred because all the rain and hail caused sewage to be knocked loose from the pipes and out into the river it went starving off needed oxygen for the fish.

....and people eat fish from that polluted river....yuck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Garden? Where's all the veggies?

The vegetable patch was at the rear of the garden but I gave it up since nobody ate the vegetables produced. Rather than let them go rotten I made lots of soups and put them in the freezer. The long bean soup was very tasty. Still have herbs scattered around along with mangoes,coconuts, papaya, jackfruit , starfruit, bananas and limes. Bumper crop of coconuts this year....which nobody ate so wife sold some gave others away. The only thing we produce which we eat all of is the limes.

Been trying to source a back bacon tree or a cumberland sausage tree but no luck yet.

Edited by Denim
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Been trying to source a back bacon tree or a cumberland sausage tree but no luck yet.

Yeah, I have the same problem. It seems that those money tree seeds I planted years ago don't want to sprout. Any ideas why?

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Yeah, I have the same problem. It seems that those money tree seeds I planted years ago don't want to sprout. Any ideas why?

I had  zero luck with those seeds too. I hate to admit it but I think I fell for an elaborate scam.  I was shown branches at the temple festooned with money and bought the seeds. Common sense deserted me.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

I was shown branches at the temple festooned with money and bought the seeds. 

Yeah, I never understood how those temples were able to successfully grow those money trees. Maybe I need a few more amulets strapped around my neck and car mirror...  ????

• Haha 1