Roojai insurance renewal?

sanook 1

7 minutes ago, perconrad said:

After having my Fortuner insured by Roojai for 2 years they informed me again this year that they would charge my card for the renewal.

Several days after the renewal date I noticed that the premium were not charged to my account and I contacted Roojai.

The excuse was that since I now was over 75 years they could not renew my insurance. And then I was on holiday 600 km from home with an expired insurance.

Roojai did not inform me before the insurance expired, that they would not renew.

One month later the insurance with Roojai for our Pick-Up in my wife's name (she is not 75) were up for renewal and that we did not renew with Roojai, but also found a new insurer for that car.

So if you have insurance with Roojai and are near 75 years of age, then take care that you one day don't have an insurance on your car.

Were you named driver with Roojai ?

35 minutes ago, perconrad said:

After having my Fortuner insured by Roojai for 2 years they informed me again this year that they would charge my card for the renewal.

Several days after the renewal date I noticed that the premium were not charged to my account and I contacted Roojai.

The excuse was that since I now was over 75 years they could not renew my insurance. And then I was on holiday 600 km from home with an expired insurance.

Roojai did not inform me before the insurance expired, that they would not renew.

One month later the insurance with Roojai for our Pick-Up in my wife's name (she is not 75) were up for renewal and that we did not renew with Roojai, but also found a new insurer for that car.

So if you have insurance with Roojai and are near 75 years of age, then take care that you one day don't have an insurance on your car.

My wife is the name insurer with Roojai and the policy is any driver over the age of 25yr old. 

l am down as main driver aged 75yr old.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Weird that they would deny policy due to your age then.

Yes, I were surprised too.

I asked if Roojai could issue me another kind of no. 1 insurance of my Fortuner, but they declined, no insurance for holders over 75 years

Just now, sanook 1 said:

Did anyone get discount the 2 nd year, i seem to remember when i signed up with roojai that they would give a 10 or 20 % discount if no claim was made? 

They gave me a discount each year up to a maximum of 50%.....

16 minutes ago, petermik said:

I recently bought a new car and put it in my GF,s name as I had a policy with Roojai for 5 years but being 75 next month and knowing their silly rules it was my only option....

They must have only changed rules recently, our insurance is in wife's name anyone can drive over 25 yr old as said I'm down as main driver aged 75 yr old. 

One of a professional, independent insurance broker's obligations is to inform their client of upcoming renewals and any changes in terms, conditions or premium that are expected. Non-renewal due to age is something that should be caught by a good broker well in advance and advised to their client and alternative insurers' products offered. After all, an insurance broker is the agent of their client, not the insurance company, and has obligations towards their client.

I am not sure how an insurance broker that has an insurance company as one of their owners and who has only that one insurer to place their clients' auto insurance with could be expected perform in this manner.

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

They must have only changed rules recently, our insurance is in wife's name anyone can drive over 25 yr old as said I'm down as main driver aged 75 yr old. 

That is OK as the cars in your missus name......if it was in your name then 75 is the limit apparently.........crazy or what?

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

That is OK as the cars in your missus name......if it was in your name then 75 is the limit apparently.........crazy or what?

Yeah I guess so but i will find out what the score is when I renew in September. I will be 76.

Just a note OP said he was without insurance which is not true. 

He was without his voluntary 1st class insurance but he was still insured by CTPL.

I don't wanna hear about Oh!  that's no good it is and remains the fact he was still insured. 

Even of he had no valid Drivers licence. ???? TiT. 

Edited by Kwasaki

12 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I guess so but i will find out what the score is when I renew in September. I will be 76.

Just a note OP said he was without insurance which is not true. 

He was without his voluntary 1st class insurance but he was still insured by CTPL.

I don't wanna hear about Oh!  that's no good it is and remains the fact he was still insured. 

Even of he had no valid Drivers licence. ???? TiT. 

My compulsory insurance had cover at the same datoes together with my no. 1 insurance, so do you mean that the compulsory insurance still cover even when the insurance have run out of date?

2 hours ago, perconrad said:

My compulsory insurance had cover at the same datoes together with my no. 1 insurance, so do you mean that the compulsory insurance still cover even when the insurance have run out of date?

No i thought you said that Roojai  said you were not covered by your voluntary class 1 insurance because of your age so what I am saying you would still be insured while still valid by date on the CTPL it is a separate policy.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:49 AM, Kwasaki said:

No i thought you said that Roojai  said you were not covered by your voluntary class 1 insurance because of your age so what I am saying you would still be insured while still valid by date on the CTPL it is a separate policy.

OK then.

I asked Roojai if they could issue me another insurance, but they declined and did not offer me a compulsory insurance.

But now I have the insurance with AXA and they laughed when I told them that Roojai would not insure my car because I was more than 75.

17 minutes ago, perconrad said:

OK then.

I asked Roojai if they could issue me another insurance, but they declined and did not offer me a compulsory insurance.

But now I have the insurance with AXA and they laughed when I told them that Roojai would not insure my car because I was more than 75.

That's good to know. ????

Duty noted. 

The one I like about Roojai is paying monthly.

54 minutes ago, perconrad said:

What's the AXA premium compared to your last roojai premium.

Did AXA honour any discounts (NCB or non-claims bonus) from your previous roojai coverage?

On 3/30/2023 at 12:44 PM, NanLaew said:

What's the AXA premium compared to your last roojai premium.

Did AXA honour any discounts (NCB or non-claims bonus) from your previous roojai coverage?

AXA about thb 4.000 more.

No I did not get my 50 % discount from Roojai with me to AXA.

• Thumbs Up 1