Prince Harry turns up to High Court in Associated Newspapers hearing

onthedarkside

image.png.97ba0b092c35628b6b3506b304caef7c.png

The Duke of Sussex has unexpectedly appeared at the High Court as legal proceedings begin in a privacy case.

Prince Harry and other individuals are suing Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL), publishers of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.

The duke, singer Sir Elton John and actresses Sadie Frost and Liz Hurley are among the individuals who allege unlawful information gathering.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65087072

image.png.42b24a2222bfb94de3ac924f9a942790.png

Ah, the world wide privacy tour continues. There was no need for him to turn up at this hearing (other than for publicity). He doesn't seem to concerned with security now, or with the flashing cameras.

Good to see him leading his eco warrior campaign by example. Saving the planet, one transatlantic flight at a time.

image.png.9f63ec5545227eaccb3f1a54134d9883.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

And wasn't it a classic demonstration of how he feels he should be "protected". A couple of "heavies" biffing a path through a crowd on the public pavement. I hope they they were "privately hired security " rather than the Metropolitan Police.

I hope so too, for Harry’s sake.

The Met aren’t fit to be around other folk.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ah, the world wide privacy tour continues. There was no need for him to turn up at this hearing (other than for publicity). He doesn't seem to concerned with security now, or with the flashing cameras.

Good to see him leading his eco warrior campaign by example. Saving the planet, one transatlantic flight at a time.

image.png.9f63ec5545227eaccb3f1a54134d9883.png

The ‘privacy’ that matters in this case is the ruling that the names of the journalists and editors who are accused of breaking the law  shall not be published.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/mar/27/daily-mail-parent-company-invokes-human-rights-act-to-stop-naming-of-journalists

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not really. I just believe police should be apolitical.

What would you think if they were kneeling to a right wing group as opposed to Marxists?

I think you’re wanting off on another one of your fixations.

Back to topic.

Do you believe the press have the right to hack people’s phones?

Do you think it acceptable that ‘journalists’ accused of crimes should have their names withheld from the public?

• Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I think you’re wanting off on another one of your fixations.

Back to topic.

Wise move. Your refusal to answer confirms what I already knew.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you believe the press have the right to hack people’s phones?

Do you think it acceptable that ‘journalists’ accused of crimes should have their names withheld from the public?

Where did I claim they have a right to hack phones or have names withheld? Oh that's right, I didn't ????. The point I actually made (as opposed to the one you pretended I made) was that if Harry was serious about his privacy, security and the planet then he wouldn't have taken a long haul flight to attend a hearing that did not require his presence.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Wise move. Your refusal to answer confirms what I already knew.

Where did I claim they have a right to hack phones or have names withheld? Oh that's right, I didn't ????. The point I actually made (as opposed to the one you pretended I made) was that if Harry was serious about his privacy, security and the planet then he wouldn't have taken a long haul flight to attend a hearing that did not require his presence.

It’s what the trial is about.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All accused persons and witnesses should have their names withheld until a guilty verdict, if any, is reached!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I hope so too, for Harry’s sake.

The Met aren’t fit to be around other folk.

I would agree that parts of the Met are in a very dark place. Their leadership has failed to do just that, be effective leaders, and have abrogated responsibility for managing and ensuring discipline.

They have allowed themselves to be led off at a tangent by often focussing on political and social considerations - "Common Purpose" anyone?

But it is elements of the organisation, and my point remains, they should not allow the sort of behaviour Prince Harry's "protection team" indulged in outside the High Court on Monday. If they were policemen then they should be immediately brought under control. If they were a commercial undertaking then they should be investigated for that behaviour.

The undoubted travails and failures of the Met in other areas are irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1