On-line 90 day reporting - Immigration computers must be on holiday?

Sent in my first (well 2nd actually, actual first one rejected because they'd already posted it although to date still not arrived 3 months later!) on-line report on 27th March, last Monday. The acknowledgement came very quickly by e-mail as did a pdf of the on-line info on a TM.47 form.

4 days later I am still waiting for the receipt.

I go into CW next Wednesday 5th April to collect the stamp in my passport, the current 90 day expires on Friday next week - the 7th.

Assuming I still don't have a receipt I'll again have to go to the 90 day report counter, show them the application acknowledgement, and get a printed receipt as i did last time.

Everyone on here avows that on-line reporting is the way to go - my experience is if I hired an ox-cart and a driver to take me to CW with a TM.47 form it would be quicker than so called instant internet.

Any one else found them tardy in the extreme in replying with a receipt from CW (Chang Wattana) or is this just standard inefficient service and I need to just wait a few more days, weeks, months??

At least I have the proof they had the notice in good time, their web site just says "Pending".

• Sad 2

Ok, thanks. As for the last 8 years I have done it via registered mail i wasn't sure on online stuff.  Thailand's reputation for computer incompetancy is legend and my wife and I didn't trust them.

Even now years later when they are supposed to be more capable on our last visit to CW for the marriage extension they caught us out as for the first time the IO demanded TWO copies of everything so clearly THEY don't have a great deal of confidence in their systems either!

Bit like helicopter builders, they fit them with floats, skis and wheels covering all eventualities indicating massive distrust in their own product!

• Confused 1

I have been using the online system for my previous 4 reports. I did my 5th one yesterday receiving confirmation of successful delivery almost immediately and the receipt about 3 hours later.  When I did my first report, it was about 3 days before I rec'd the receipt.  Since then it has usually taken about 2 to 3 hours.

However, this time I did not receive an email reminder as in the past that it was now due (6th April was due date shown on last report).   

I did 5 in a row online.. smooth and approved within 24hrs ..  tried #6 back in January..  and it got rejected same exact info ( tried re-entering 6x..No/Good)

wound up going into the  office HH.. close by ..  asked the  I/O  why that would happen, he just shrugged  and smiled .. I got no reminder for this due now

and submitted it a few hrs ago..  got immediate response ..Info received...  just waiting to see if approved or rejected..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Any one else found them tardy in the extreme in replying with a receipt from CW (Chang Wattana) or is this just standard

CW

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

My range with CW: 24 hours ~ 6 days. Average for CW for me and others here (based on posts I've seen): 3 working days.

My most recent experience:

25/03/2023 08:26:57 submitted

30/03/2023 09:52:12 approved

FWIW I did NOT receive the perfunctory reminder email for this most recent reporting period.

As long as it is still "pending" you've got a good chance - may clear today, but if this is the first time using the online system there can be issues with the addressing scheme and building name.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

My range with CW: 24 hours ~ 6 days. Average for CW for me and others here (based on posts I've seen): 3 working days.

It's hard to know what to think when other folks post here their experience, but don't mention what Immigration office they're dealing with.

In my case, like you, I filed mine online Monday night to BKK CW, and got my confirmation received back by email on Thursday night... almost exactly three days, 72 hours later.

7 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Submitted my 1st TM.47 on line this Wednesday, confirmed. On Thursday approved.

My only problem was trying to type in the password I was given.

If you click on the "Forgot Password" link and enter your email address, you will be sent an email with a link to set your own password.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

If you click on the "Forgot Password" link and enter your email address, you will be sent an email with a link to set your own password.

Having copied and pasted the impossible password they sent THAT is really worth knowing - thank you. 

And.........approval came in tonight's email so thanks all for your valued responses. Mind at rest for next time now except I managed to mis-type my phone number on the application - probably not important - but I'll correct next time.

Edited by cliveshep
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

Having copied and pasted the impossible password they sent THAT is really worth knowing - thank you. 

And.........approval came in tonight's email so thanks all for your valued responses. Mind at rest for next time now except I managed to mis-type my phone number on the application - probably not important - but I'll correct next time.

The password can be "saved". That is given as an option, at least when you first type it in (on a computer). Not sure about on the mobile app. 

I did my last report on line 4 days before the expiry date and received an acknowledgement almost immediately. 6 days later it was still pending and since I was going into the city anyway I submitted a form at the drive-through window and got it processed immediately. 2 days later ie. 4 days after the expiry I received a rejection EMail, "Already Submitted".

On 3/31/2023 at 8:34 PM, DavisH said:

The password can be "saved". That is given as an option, at least when you first type it in (on a computer). Not sure about on the mobile app. 

I did that a couple of times. copying and pasting from the email,  but I have been here long enough to understand the sh*t one falls into if the pc crashes and all data gets lost so being able to change a password to one I'd always remember is a really good option. Like all my UK stuff - returning if I lose it is not an option so I have with my UK bank my phone set up, and two pc's as "trusted devices".

Remember Henry Fonda's comment in "How the West was Won" talking about a man who uses braces as well as a belt to hold his pants up because he trusts neither? That's me to a "T" with computers, passwords and logins! Make sure not make misery!

On 3/30/2023 at 9:20 PM, Luuk Chaai said:

I did 5 in a row online.. smooth and approved within 24hrs ..  tried #6 back in January..  and it got rejected same exact info ( tried re-entering 6x..No/Good)

wound up going into the  office HH.. close by ..  asked the  I/O  why that would happen, he just shrugged  and smiled .. I got no reminder for this due now

and submitted it a few hrs ago..  got immediate response ..Info received...  just waiting to see if approved or rejected..

go figure,,  I got the  approval email  Sunday AM