Massage recommendations (therapeutic only )

steevjee

Hi,

I'm heading up to CM in May for a month or two and I am hoping that somebody may be able to recommend a very good Masseuse, he/she does not necessarily have to be based in a clinic, just someone who is very good with backs

cheers

Try the Old Medicine Hospital (as it's sometimes called) for knowledgeable masseurs.  It's located in the south part of the city, near the airport, more specifically just around the corner from the Rim Ping supermarket at the Nim City strip mall.

This link emphasizes their school for studying massage, but anyone can receive massages.  The cost should be 200 baht or a bit more for an hour's treatment.

https://www.oldmedicine.org/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrBrad said:

Try the Old Medicine Hospital (as it's sometimes called) for knowledgeable masseurs.  It's located in the south part of the city, near the airport, more specifically just around the corner from the Rim Ping supermarket at the Nim City strip mall.

Ditto on that recommendation......and don't hesitate to advise of your specific desire to have them concentrate on your back (best to tell the ladies at the desk so they can advise the masseuse as to your needs).

• Like 1

Went once to the Blind School (near Suthep gate) as they offered massage and was turned over to about a 65 year old blind woman who grabbed me by the shirt sleeve and dragged me into a two-story teak building. Once inside, she flipped the light switch at the bottom of some stairs and no light came on (which, of course, was unknown to her).  She dragged me up the stairs.....it was absolutely pitch black, I couldn't see a thing....and then hit me with the standard massage outfit (baggy pants you tie, pull on shirt).  Once the massage started, I realized she also was hard of hearing too (and/or didn't understand my yelling "jep maak!" every couple of minutes).  Not sure if she knew how to give a Thai massage but she had most excellent torture skills.

Stick with the Olde Time Medicine School, you won't regret it.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...