Just got back from Malaysia. End of the 45 day visa exempt thing.

Hey, folks. Just got back from Penang by air. Luckily, no problem, getting my third back to back visa exempt. And, today is the last day for 45 day visa exempt. I had actually thought they would extend it, but, they choose not to do it. 

I won't go for number four. When this 45 day stay period ends, I might or might not extend it for 1 month at Laksi, but, that is about it. 

By the way, my flight from Penang was like at least 90 percent full. Tourism is really picking up. Keep in mind that there are 2 daily flights of Air Asia. 

11 minutes ago, JemJem said:

Yes, all via air entry. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. First time was from my country, Turkey. 45 days. Then, I extended it at Laksi for 1 month. Then, I went to Penang. 45 days. And then another month's extension at Laksi. Now, just got back from Penang again, as I said. 45 days. Possibly will go back to Turkey mid-May, when this expires. Already, enough money spent ????

I hope this was clearer, sir ????

Thanks for report, thought not related to this but how that inflation thing going in Turkey? Is it better now or still people are paying higher prices of everything?

5 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Thanks for report, thought not related to this but how that inflation thing going in Turkey? Is it better now or still people are paying higher prices of everything?

Turkey is messed up big time. Economically, politically and socially. I don't see much hope. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Operator2002 said:

Thailand should prolong the 45 days visa exempt period after 31 March - the country still needs more tourists especially for low season. 

Well, March 31 is just over. I doubt it will be extended. Back to 30 days now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Who are you to tell anyone how long they can stay here?

Quite. Isn't that a matter entirely for the Thais to decide ? Their country, they make the rules....often locally in country 555.

UK it's 6 months from the get go, Europe Schengen zone countries ( any and all) it's 90 days, both maximum stay with no return for 6 months UK, 90 days Schengen zone

4 hours ago, JemJem said:

And, anyway, as I wrote earlier, nice to see tourism picking up. The flight was almost full capacity. 

I wonder if your decision to fly back on March 31st might have had anything to do with the fact that it was the last day where you would receive 45 days on a visa exempt entry. Irrespective, I would not assume that people returning from Penang on a Friday (prime day to receive Thai tourist visas) that is also the last day of the longer visa exempt entry is strong evidence of an general uptick in tourism.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Post about nothing. 

Quite correct.  He landed on 31st and got 45 days, the same as it has been for months.

IF he had landed today, and got stamped only 30 days, now that would be something interesting!

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe the reason it was not extended was to discourage more Russians arriving for long stay some whom are draft dodging, rather than upset Russia by banning flights totally from Russia like Europe and other countries in the world.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Quite correct.  He landed on 31st and got 45 days, the same as it has been for months.

IF he had landed today, and got stamped only 30 days, now that would be something interesting!

FB_IMG_1680339885289.thumb.jpg.989bdbdb23ac3c20081f690f1d09df30.jpg

Edited by Boycie
Photo added.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lokie said:

Why would they extend 45 day VOA, it is not a good Business model for them... they want people to have to do out & backs etc this generates income in numerous areas for them... You think they really bothered about making things easy for short stayers? unless there is any advantage in it... 

Used to love Marmaris in Southern Turkey, always a great experience, great vibe, great friendly people (there often between 1999 - 2006) Then discovered LOS lol   Never flew back into Dalaman again

OP did you not also extend each 45 day stay by 30 days at IMO before flying out... again??

Yes, I did the Laksi extension too. Twice. 

So, for me, enough is enough. Heading back home at the end of this 45-day period. More than enough money will have been spent ????

For those of you who will continue to do the leaving and coming back thing, it will now make more sense to get the tourist visa, as the visa exempt will be only 30 days from now on.