concerning infection on my asscheek

parafareno

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

thanks I will stay away frm those beaches HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON.

Let us know what the final outcome is

stay away from whole pattaya...if you ask local girls, they never swim there...they go to swim to the island for god sake

The suspicion of herpes doesn't seem to be accurate based on the symptoms you described. The fact that the infection has cleared up in one area and then reappeared in another suggests that it may be a perianal abscess, which originates from the inside.

It's unlikely that this is melioidosis, as it usually doesn't respond well to amoxicillin. However, it's still worth mentioning to your doctor.

It's always a good idea to get an HIV test when experiencing unusual infections, but this doesn't seem particularly unusual to me.

My advice is to go back to the same doctor and ask if this could be a perianal abscess. If you're not satisfied with their answer, you should consider seeing a surgeon. This could be at a hospital or clinic, even a small one.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:54 AM, Adiudon said:

Mate I feel your pain !

I have had exactly the same as you are showing/describing, it's just a bacterial infection, nasty but it clears up.

I had the first "spot" around 2020 on my lower back, where the waistband of my shorts contact my skin. I had been doing some concreting in my garden here in Thailand and an ant or something must have bitten me allowing the infection in, tried squeezing it but nothing would come out of it eventually after 5-6 days it cleared up.

The second time I had them was probably a year or so later, this time in my armpits and the side of my chest, these was definitely from ant bites as I felt them bite while I was gardening, these ones where worse and I had a course of antibiotics to help clear them up, same time frame as the first single spot, 5-6 days to begin to get better.

I could feel that the bites where infected again because of the pain, not the usual bite/spot pain but a deeper sharper stabbing pain.

I treat future bites with alcohol straight away and keep them covered with a plaster/bandaid until they go down, doing this I have not suffered with the large infected spots you show in your pictures since.

The infected nose I put down to the same bacteria entering the area after I plucked some nasal hairs.

Hopefully the your doctor will identify the bacteria and a course of antibiotics will cure you, but you will probably always have an indentation as the infection goes quite deep.

I would go with some particular type of ant bite. GF gets similar sometimes. You can see the bite mark in the centre of the redness in that photo. Quite itchy and painful.

I have had this problem over the years and decided it is related to overheating and lack of airflow which occurs  between rear end cheeks and my nose where my sunglasses rest on my face.  The restricted airflow and buildup of heat seems to cause mine.

So to minimize the problem I wear breathable, light weight underwear and shorts.  And I am conscious of not sitting too long in one position, especially on plastic seat cushions.  At my home I use Rojo air mattress cushions with airflow through inflatable fingers.

This ailment happens regularly over the years to my overseas friends visiting Thailand.  One of my friends just dealt with this during his 3 month trip to Thailand.  It took 2 months to subside and many trips to doctors. Endless creams and draining boil.   I didn't listen to what he did because I already know how to fix.  I apply urine to affected area and it goes away.

On 4/1/2023 at 8:09 PM, nglodnig said:

Pobably Bubonic Plague so nothing serious ???? .

As someone mentioned earlier, you really shouldn't post this sort of stuff on April 1st. And yes I am qualified medical practioner (in my own mind at least) but nobody else seems to recognize the fact.

Bubonic Plague.....lets lock down everything!

so little update...I finished second course of antibiotics for 9 days and for now it is dormant.....i am not sure if it will come back but I put a plaster over it to seal it off....i mean that helps and i believe it mght come from the would to inside my nostrils when i picked my nose with same hand....possible....

i hope this nightmare is finsihed....it is now little over 1 month that i have this problem.....i am thinking not to come to pattaya anymore and dirty sea? Or dirty massage

it could be the cesspool filled sea water might have done this.....

Edited by parafareno
  • Sad 1

what i wonder is what about people in naked and afraid...where they are stung by thousands of insects and they do not develop any infection like this...

what i suggest is if you get this....

put a good plaster it so the wound is contained....you can use hot towel over it because that might help bring the infection to the surface and you can pop it.....

i still dont know why it spreads....there were no animal bites now in europe for the second and third boil....

very strange.....i said I will never to to India because it is so dirty and i got infection there too on skin lke 25 years ago...but that cleared up immediately afetet antibiotics for few days.....so now I see Thailand might be even more dirtier than India....and india is the only country that still have lepers...and cholera.......imagine that, that I am less afraid to go to india than to thailand now

so here is update...after second round of amoxicillin this <deleted> came back....now I have a small wound on the back of my head....same pain...smaller bump...i guess there is no space for big bump cause the bone is too near.....

i am freaking out...WTF did I get in this freaking Thailand.....it is worse then infection in India...

Best to get a proper diagnosis and that can only be done by testing the pus. Thailand doctors are famous for prescribing any old antibiotics for such things, most are useless and do more harm than good. An expert will prescribe the correct antibiotics if it’s a bacterial infection and make sure you finish the full course. If it’s not a bacterial infection, then they’ll know what the correct treatment should be.