New Rule on re-entry to Thailand?

1 minute ago, proton said:

Not a bad idea though which would only trouble the cheaters

The only way they could do it,  would be to check the 'bank book', I assume?

Most folks including Myself keep the bank book, amongst other things,  in a safe place, actually in a safe. How many people carry it around with themselves when traveling internationally?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

The only way they could do it,  would be to check the 'bank book', I assume?

Most folks including Myself keep the bank book, amongst other things,  in a safe place, actually in a safe. How many people carry it around with themselves when traveling internationally?

They'd just ask you to open the banking app on your phone. Simples.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

One-way ticket to IDC.

So let me get this straight, a person has a valid extension of stay stamp in a passport, a valid re-entry permit and because he or she doesn't have the correct app, or it doesn't work, or the battery is flat or some other technical reason, they will be refused entry?????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

Please stop your silly answers. Thanks.

Quite, I did my yearly extension last week in Jomtien/Pattaya with a multi re-entry, nothing was said, its complete garbage!

If they had changed the rules which would impact a significant number of folks, somebody would have heard something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Quite, I did my yearly extension last week in Jomtien/Pattaya with a multi re-entry, nothing was said, its complete garbage!

Exactly.....however apparently TM47 and reentry permits can soon be done at all 7-11 stores. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

If they had changed the rules which would impact a significant number of folks, somebody would have heard something?

The OP did say that this would apply from 1st April.

25 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Please stop your silly answers. I know it is 1st April, but yours are beyond a joke. Thanks.

You're the one that's being silly. If such a rule was actually implemented how else could the Immigration folk at the borders enforce it without being able to see the person's bank account in real or near-real time?

If passbook, assuming it is deemed acceptable, is not available and neither is phone banking then what other choice does the IO have? They'd either deny entry or hold you somewhere until you can provide the proof of ฿800k.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The OP did say that this would apply from 1st April.

Yes i read that, but don't you think they would have said something, plus nobody else, as yet, has confirmed it?

Don't you think if there was any truth in it, there would be a hot news item on the subject?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1