Report address after leaving country

I have non-O visa and left the country for 4 days then returned last Monday. I forgot to report my address since we arrived later than immigration is open and then forgot until now.

Can I still report this online and if so how?

As an aside, I never reported my address for over 10 years (like most laws I didn't know they cared) and then just last year Chiang Mai immigration decided they do now want this and were collecting fines from dozens of people. Was this a one-off or are they actually going through passports now and checking? I know your supposed to follow the laws etc... etc.. but Thailand so often ignores their own laws it's my policy now to do as little as possible until they actually call me out.

41 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I have non-O visa and left the country for 4 days then returned last Monday. I forgot to report my address since we arrived later than immigration is open and then forgot until now.

Assume you have a ME Non O.

You don't need to do a TM30 according to the Rules.

Unfortunately you are dealing with a rubbish immigration office.

Not much you can do.

You could try an online TM30 report. 

42 minutes ago, proton said:

If you never reported your address you never did a 90 day report then, no need to report your address if re entered and have a re entry 'visa' since 2020

I have a non-O for the first time this year and entered on a re-entry permit. Why they want me to reconfirm my address again is beyond me.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Unfortunately you are dealing with a rubbish immigration office.

Not much you can do.

You could try an online TM30 report. 

Well then maybe this is just a money grab. They literally never checked in over 10 years. I bet they give up eventually but I'll try online for now and see what they say if I mess something up.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I have a non-O for the first time this year and entered on a re-entry permit. Why they want me to reconfirm my address again is beyond me.

Just to be clear seems that you have a 12 month extension and reentry permit.

As for the TM30 rubbish it's also beyond me.

However your office is not the only one that is playing games. 

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to be clear seems that you have a 12 month extension and reentry permit.

As for the TM30 rubbish it's also beyond me.

However your office is not the only one that is playing games. 

yeah I got my reentry at the airport before I departed and obviously I'm not changing my address after spending 4 days in Vietnam.

1 hour ago, proton said:

If you never reported your address you never did a 90 day report then, no need to report your address if re entered and have a re entry 'visa' since 2020

I never heard of TM30 until after I owned a cm condo for maybe 5 years can't remember when they started enforcing it but it was not dozens of people it was thousands who were fined. I have the receipt somewhere I think it was 1200 baht. A real money spinner

90 day has nothing to do with TM30. CM Immigration requires foreigners  to "update" TM 30 every time you return to your residence from abroad. Can't say for sure about domestic trips I have conflicting info from them. I do not do 90 day reports but if you need to get anything done in CM such as new bank account, drivers license, apply for a TAX payer number at the Chiang Mai area 1 revenue office,  extension or re-entry permit at the Immigration you need a TM30 slip.

14 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I do not do 90 day reports but if you need to get anything done in CM such as new bank account, drivers license, apply for a TAX payer number at the Chiang Mai area 1 revenue office,  extension or re-entry permit at the Immigration you need a TM30 slip.

OK so I did report it online and I still have the old slip in my passport. The question is if they will check to see if it's outdated or not.

I got fined 1600 I seem to recall while at immigration. It's was just there and then I saws dozens of people getting fined which surely is thousands eventually.

If the laws says TM30 is no longer required as of 2020 then CM has ironically decided at around that same time to start enforcing it.

27 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I never heard of TM30 until after I owned a cm condo for maybe 5 years can't remember when they started enforcing it but it was not dozens of people it was thousands who were fined. I have the receipt somewhere I think it was 1200 baht. A real money spinner

90 day has nothing to do with TM30. CM Immigration requires foreigners  to "update" TM 30 every time you return to your residence from abroad. Can't say for sure about domestic trips I have conflicting info from them. I do not do 90 day reports but if you need to get anything done in CM such as new bank account, drivers license, apply for a TAX payer number at the Chiang Mai area 1 revenue office,  extension or re-entry permit at the Immigration you need a TM30 slip.

Totally wrong both 90 day and TM30 are essentially both address reporting and since June 2020 there is no need to do a TM30 on re entry if you have a re entry stamp and not coming back with a new passport

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Totally wrong both 90 day and TM30 are essentially both address reporting and since June 2020 there is no need to do a TM30 on re entry if you have a re entry stamp and not coming back with a new passport

In Chiang Mai they make their own rules then. 

15 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

OK so I did report it online and I still have the old slip in my passport. The question is if they will check to see if it's outdated or not.

I got fined 1600 I seem to recall while at immigration. It's was just there and then I saws dozens of people getting fined which surely is thousands eventually.

If the laws says TM30 is no longer required as of 2020 then CM has ironically decided at around that same time to start enforcing it.

Let us know if you have problems or fines. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

June 2020 there is no need to do a TM30 on re entry if you have a re entry stamp and not coming back with a new passport

except in CM and other rogue offices as has been discussed rather animatedly on this forum in recent weeks.

Just now, Captain Monday said:

Let us know if you have problems or fines. 

Sure. My guess is that they will just look at the piece of paper and not bother to see if I have updated entries online that are up to date with entry stamps (since they're busy and probably lazy) but we'll see.