Microsoft Surface laptop - replace battery?

Chicksaw

The top panel has separated from the bottom of my MS Surface laptop. Pic:

20230401_150859.thumb.jpg.8ffb886e2faa0feadead6efed6660508.jpg

Diagnosis by 2 local techies: Battery has blown up and caused the glue to fail. Need to replace battery and glue panels together. Make sense? If so, please recommend a place in Fortune Town to go to. Thanks.

If it's under warranty contact Microsoft and they'll send over courier to pick it up and send a refurbished replacement

The guy that specialize in Surface repair is not in Fortune town, up the road in Asok

search for True IT

I had exactly the same problem. As the Laptop was still under warranty, Microsoft shipped a new one to my Thai address. I still have the old one with the broken battery. Everything was free of charge.

I needed a few phone calls and some email conversation with Microsoft, including pictures of the damaged laptop. But I was very surprised how easy and smooth everything went on.

12 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I had exactly the same problem. As the Laptop was still under warranty, Microsoft shipped a new one to my Thai address. I still have the old one with the broken battery. Everything was free of charge.

I needed a few phone calls and some email conversation with Microsoft, including pictures of the damaged laptop. But I was very surprised how easy and smooth everything went on.

This almost mirrors the experience of my friend who bought his Surface in the US but it was OUT of warranty here when the battery fattened. They still replaced it with a new Surface, shipped to Thailand and were not interested in the old one. This new replacement Surface, while still under warranty, grew a fat battery as well and again, they shipped a new one here to replace it.

• Like 1