Bangkok makes pact with Moscow to collaborate on 6 aspects

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

• Trade and economy: Promoting entrepreneurship and supporting local businesses in international trade with other cities, especially in the digital economy and e-commerce.

One way trade again...

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

There has been discussion in financial circles recently.

Last year, Saudi Arabia talked about pricing some of its oil exports in terms of the Chinese yuan.

I am aware, I was trying to tease an answer from the poster who doesn't seem to know. In fact, ME oil has also been priced and exported in rials and dirhams also, things are slowly changing in an attempt to get away from USD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The MoU says the two cities will cooperate and exchange experiences in six aspects from 2023 to 2025, as follows:

• Trade and economy: Promoting entrepreneurship and supporting local businesses in international trade with other cities, especially in the digital economy and e-commerce.

Seems like balcony safety and defenestrations could be another area of "cooperation".

Interesting that Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt delegated this "Signing". Savvy move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know Thailand is trying to hedge its bets but it has to understand that it is not China or India who can run their policies to their liking as bigger pool of population and talent allows them that flexibility. Trade is not bad but keep it low key affair and not flashy.

What worries me about this is if Thailand gets affected by some sanctions or gets on a list of "not so friendly" countries. For example we could get our bank accouts back home cancelled because we live in a country that is too close to Russia.

• Thumbs Up 2

The challenge right now that the world and not just Thailand face is that the U.S. is no longer the powerful country that it was.

It is now more of a consumer than a provider.

The U.S. has ceded energy power to Russia SA and South America.  

They are dependent in most things for production from Chinese manufacturers.

Example I just bought a camera from AKASO which ways it is an American country.  Anyone wants to guess where the camera is made and shipped from?

The challenge is that when there is no one in charge or no country standing out people have to make deals with as many countries as they can in case they re the winners.

NOTE that it was the city of Bangkok and Moscow this is not a Thai Russian MOU and there is a difference.

• Like 2