Pattaya / Jomtien immigration office is terrible

GameMaster

When I recently stayed in Pattaya (Hotel) they filed the Tm30 online.

When I got home and I went to Immigration to do my 90 day report they saw that I stayed in Pattaya.

So maybe your Hotel should start file the Tm30 online and make it a bit easier for you?

They have gotten used to a relaxed way of working.

since the Covid situation.

They don't want to go back to a full on real days work.

What a lazy bunch,  they are now. :bah:

Ps And nasty with it by the sound of it.

Edited by quake
  • Like 2

The influx of Russians looking for extensions probably doesn't help matters in that section, communication and manners wise they are not the best from what I've witnessed out and about. Agree with others that the office isn't fit for purpose anymore size and layout wise. Now they have the online 90 days I'm only in there for 45 minutes a year at most for my retirement renewal, but invariably I see random customers interrupt the staff with questions as they are trying to process someone else's application, it should be organised where that can't physically happen. 

1 minute ago, biervoormij said:

It is my understanding to open a new bank account you need to have a certificate of residence. That is just another thing that requires a day at immigration.

They need to open another office. If Phuket can have 3 offices why can't Chonburi.

It differs from bank to bank and customer services staff member.

I just opened new bank with internet and app. Central province with only passport & Thai drivers licence required.

Two great girls set it all up.

Bit of a lucky dip.

Yes. Jomtien IO has outgrown it's purpose.????????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What you experienced is standard at Jomtien sadly. You will witness staff being rude to multiple people during the time there, partly caused by stress, but only certain staff are rude

Saturday Night Live's 'Ernestine the telephone operator' (Lilly Tomlin) - "We're the phone company, we don't care, we don't have to." <snicker snicker snicker>

That pretty much sum it up here, 'eh?  Same, same, but not different.   :thumbsup:

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, moogradod said:

I have been interacting with Jomtien Immigration for years and all I can say is that I have been always treated with the most respect and politeness. Be it TM30, 90-day report or Residence Certificate or Extension - everything went all the time quick and smooth. I never had any reason to complain.

I congratulate this office for its kind and swift treatment.

It depends who you interact with, some are very rude to foreigners, remember they should be patient with foreigners who may be elderly and only attend once a year

Edited by scubascuba3

9 hours ago, kinyara said:

The influx of Russians looking for extensions probably doesn't help matters in that section, communication and manners wise they are not the best from what I've witnessed out and about. Agree with others that the office isn't fit for purpose anymore size and layout wise. Now they have the online 90 days I'm only in there for 45 minutes a year at most for my retirement renewal, but invariably I see random customers interrupt the staff with questions as they are trying to process someone else's application, it should be organised where that can't physically happen. 

And the reality is they (Russians) cannot get them... they likely get 7 days to leave the country, or seek alternatives. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, moogradod said:

I have been interacting with Jomtien Immigration for years and all I can say is that I have been always treated with the most respect and politeness. Be it TM30, 90-day report or Residence Certificate or Extension - everything went all the time quick and smooth. I never had any reason to complain.

I congratulate this office for its kind and swift treatment.

Me too!! And I don’t even visit there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There are offices in Issan and other places in the country that are brand new and 10 times the size of Jomtien.  Way way too small and way understaffed.  

It can be difficult. but I try to give them a break and ask myself: would I want to work in that environment?  No way.

Yes, well overdue for a new building. I suggest a place with more space, perhaps near the Chonburi Provisional Transport Office, then we can get our CORs 'nearby' and not have to traipse from one end of Banglamung to the other! 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

Been this morning for retirement extension and was in and out in less than an hour. Not enough chairs in the building and many people standing around. All the staff in pink shirts - what a gay day.

What's the retirement system now, does outside pre-check your paperwork and give you a number and you wait for your number on a screen outside before entering the office ?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There are offices in Issan and other places in the country that are brand new and 10 times the size of Jomtien.  Way way too small and way understaffed.  

It can be difficult. but I try to give them a break and ask myself: would I want to work in that environment?  No way.

Fair call.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And the reality is they (Russians) cannot get them... they likely get 7 days to leave the country, or seek alternatives. 

Jacko that is interesting.

I value your comments.

Where do these Russians go?

(Do not give up secrets.)

Jomtien IO is flooded with Russians.

Cheers

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

What's the retirement system now, does outside pre-check your paperwork and give you a number and you wait for your number on a screen outside before entering the office ?

Same as usual: go inside and show your passport to whoever is in the kiosk and tell them "retirement".  They give you a queue ticket for section 8. There were 3 officers doing retirements and 10 people in front of me in the queue got sorted in about 40 minutes. 10 minutes with an officer and he gives you a token to collect the passport tomorrow pm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Same as usual: go inside and show your passport to whoever is in the kiosk and tell them "retirement".  They give you a queue ticket for section 8. There were 3 officers doing retirements and 10 people in front of me in the queue got sorted in about 40 minutes. 10 minutes with an officer and he gives you a token to collect the passport tomorrow pm.

Thanks for the quick reply and information, I thought they'd added some form of easier access system on the right side outside where you didn't have to join the general bigger snaking queue on the left side. 

Edited by kinyara
addition
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, champers said:

so no queuing outside? which recently took 2+ hours

55 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Thanks for the quick reply and information, I thought they'd added some form of easier access system on the right side outside where you didn't have to join the general bigger snaking queue on the left side. 

They certainly had that 3 weeks ago when I did mine.