Loss number plate and tax disc from Motorbike

banglay

Hi All...I am  in need of some advice...  I have just returned home from a long ride trip and to my horror when unloading my bike noticed that the Number plate which had my tax disc attached had vanished (not stolen they were there when I loaded up the bike this morning)  ???? .  I would like information about the procedure of replacing them ,the bike is Chonburi registered ..   what paperwork will I need ?  how long will it take to get them replaced ? and a rough idea of the charge involved would be nice ???? 

Many thanks in advance ????

A couple of years ago I discovered I’d lost the number plate from the front of my car. I was in a province far from home and on enquiry I was told I had to report the loss to the police in my home province to get a letter to take to the local motor authority whatever they call themselves. A simple form was filled in, a small charge that I can’t remember and told to come back in precisely 30 days to collect new one. 

• Thanks 1

About 14 years ago I bought a car in Phuket.

Move to Hua-hin, and some day while parking in Lotus parking, they steal the license plate.

I move to the office in Cha-am but they refuse to give me a new license plates and told me to go to Phuket!

My Thai GF knew a car dealer. who took care of new license plate.

Just lost a number plate, went to the local vehicle tax office, signed a couple of forms paid 240 bht and go back in a month to pick it up. I needed the green book and driving license/passport...

• Thanks 1

Procedure for replacing a lost Number plate and  tax  disc as of  10th May 23 

(1)   Report the lost items at your nearest area police station , you will receive a official letter which you will need later ( free of charge)

(2) documents you need to take to the land transport office 

1 .. passport

2,, vehicle log book

3,, the report letter you got from the police ,

(3) At the land transport office go straight to the information desk in the main build ,

The lady at the desk was extremely helpful  she filled in the form  for me that I needed , photo copied my passport,  she then issued a queue number ticket  ,

(4) wait at window number 4 until your number shows up on the Monitor .

(5)  when it is your turn hand all the paperwork to the lady at the desk (she will tell you to take a seat until called for again 

(6) approx 10 minute later she will call you back ,, she then hands you a new tax disc and you pay 125 baht for the replacement disc  she then tells you to return in 20 days to pick up and pay for the replacement number plate . 

(7) keep the receipt slip which is  attached to the tax disc you'll need that to claim the replacement number plate at a later date . 

(8) take your vehicle log book and passport and the receipt slip with you when returning to collect your number plate  (you might be asked to show one or all of them   ).

(9) from entering the land transport office to walking out of the building took 35 minutes  ( I arrived at 13:05 hrs and left 14:40 hrs)

16 hours ago, banglay said:

Procedure for replacing a lost Number plate and  tax  disc as of  10th May 23 

(1)   Report the lost items at your nearest area police station , you will receive a official letter which you will need later ( free of charge)

(2) documents you need to take to the land transport office 

1 .. passport

2,, vehicle log book

3,, the report letter you got from the police ,

(3) At the land transport office go straight to the information desk in the main build ,

The lady at the desk was extremely helpful  she filled in the form  for me that I needed , photo copied my passport,  she then issued a queue number ticket  ,

(4) wait at window number 4 until your number shows up on the Monitor .

(5)  when it is your turn hand all the paperwork to the lady at the desk (she will tell you to take a seat until called for again 

(6) approx 10 minute later she will call you back ,, she then hands you a new tax disc and you pay 125 baht for the replacement disc  she then tells you to return in 20 days to pick up and pay for the replacement number plate . 

(7) keep the receipt slip which is  attached to the tax disc you'll need that to claim the replacement number plate at a later date . 

(8) take your vehicle log book and passport and the receipt slip with you when returning to collect your number plate  (you might be asked to show one or all of them   ).

(9) from entering the land transport office to walking out of the building took 35 minutes  ( I arrived at 13:05 hrs and left 14:40 hrs)

April i presume. What do you do if the police stop you with no plate?

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

April i presume. What do you do if the police stop you with no plate?

Whoops yes April  ????   it's not my every day bike  it's my bike I use for longer road trips ,, and I've not got anything planned until mid May ( the rocket festival Yasothon ) so it is not something that really concerns me