Warning, Keto, low carb

scubascuba3

1 hour ago, bignok said:

This guy just eats meat. Looks fit and strong.

images (53).jpeg

Looks fit & strong, but that doesn't necessarily = healthy.

Fit & strong .... dead at 58 yrs old / coronary

image.png.b6e59c4f6dbbf4d40d5128414fb293c5.png

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've never been fitter where as you have never been fatter, what's your weight and height?

You're expecting people to be honest on an anonymous forum ????

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've never been fitter where as you have never been fatter, what's your weight and height?

Where do you live? I will meet up with you and lets go walking. First one to give up loses.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

I know he isn't. He won't take the challenge either. Knows he will lose.

I wouldn't meet anyone on the forum for a pissin' contest.   If happy & healthy, who cares who tall or heavy one is....or how far they can walk.

Just now, KhunLA said:

I wouldn't meet anyone on the forum for a pissin' contest.   If happy & healthy, who cares who tall or heavy one is....or how far they can walk.

Fair enough. You are polite though. Im in Korat next week all week if the other guy wants an 8 hour walking challenge.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Different topic.

Not really, as you had a photo of someone, fit & strong, as did I, but fit & strong does NOT = healthy.   Topic is about 'healthy' diets.

Most, like myself, I think would rather be healthy as I've been around 10 yrs longer than Randy already, and hopefully another 10 to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not really, as you had a photo of someone, fit & strong, as did I, but fit & strong does NOT = healthy.   Topic is about 'healthy' diets.

Most, like myself, I think would rather be healthy as I've been around 10 yrs longer than Randy already, and hopefully another 10 to go.

That guy is a doctor. Not on roids.

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Just engaging in such pissing contest waves big red flags. Not any type I would like to meet or hang out with. Life to short ,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,

Life is not short if you live to 95yo. Short if you die at 60yo. What's 1 day going to do? Some people spend years on the internet talking. All brag.

11 hours ago, Irrumator said:

Carbs are NOT essential, certainly not excess carbs.  A normal balanced diet will give you all the carbs you need.  Just limit fruit, veg grown underground and eat green leafy veg and above all AVOID EXCESS SUGAR.  Nothing wrong with high fat either, it fills you up and adds flavour to food

I started Keto 6 years ago and lost 55 kgs in total and have kept it off by eating a fairly strict low carb diet.

In February 2017 I was 102 kilos with a BP of 145/95.  I gradually moved to a  low carb diet until in May 2017 I went full on low carb/keto,  call it what you will.

In July 2017 I had lost 12 kgs and my BP was exactly 100/60, a huge drop.  My practice nurse didn't believe her machine so checked the old fashioned way with a sphygmomanometer.  Exact same result.  She was astonished.

My current weight and BP at a checkup last week was weight 64 - 65 kgs and my BP was BP was 111/62 and I'm 74 years old.

Don't spread fake news and be so alarmist, as you obviously have no first hand experience of keto, just watched one Youtube video.  Troll.

So you lost weight on keto. Why are you attacking me? That scientist is pro keto like you 555