Why is it so difficult to do an on- line transaction with a company re Computer problems

jwest10

Sorry folks and tried to search this.
Yes, I know so many security breaches but the UK banks tell you there is no block on cards but only use a debit card occasionally for a subscription and they ask you to call but give wrong numbers and in any case do not have a home telephone.
Re Lloyds what the heck is 0345 266 8634  and I have +44 1733347007 but can not get through as cut off.
Everything it seems  and understand the security but it is very costly and time consuming.
Thanks for any advice.

• Confused 8

52 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Or use the discounted international codes that all the phone service providers here offer.  B6/B7 per minute to the UK, typically.

Skype Out is EUR 2.3 cents/min which is about Bht0.9/minute

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Skype Out is EUR 2.3 cents/min which is about Bht0.9/minute

Thanks and was trying  to finalise a transaction  and was given a number 03452668634  and is this  001 44 2668634 but think  they might have forgotten the full Lloyds no 001 44 1702 2668634  normally 15 digits for LLoyds 
Does this look right and lol everything so difficult despite a couple of know it alls on here.
Thanks very much

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jwest10 said:

tHANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TERSE REPLY.

To correct you you did not mention 1702 ok so have a nice day and thx for your disgusting comments an no could not get through on those numbers .

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Use Skype if making calls to the UK. Just buy some credit and pay as you go.

Or if you have Office 365 @ £70 a year, you get 100 minutes a month included, plus 1TB of One Drive storage. 

10 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Thanks and was trying  to finalise a transaction  and was given a number 03452668634  and is this  001 44 2668634 but think  they might have forgotten the full Lloyds no 001 44 1702 2668634  normally 15 digits for LLoyds 
Does this look right and lol everything so difficult despite a couple of know it alls on here.
Thanks very much

If you are using Skype on the dial up page you just select the country you're calling at the top and then enter type in the telephone number, no need to add international codes

Main Customer Services numbers for Lloyds are 0345 300 0000 or from abroad then 01733 347 007, add the +44 prefix and drop the leading UK zero from the front of  the numbers, both of which will connect you to the UK Contact Centers.

Emergency numbers are 0800 096 9779 or 01702 278279.

Emergency Cash are 0345 982 5304 or 01702 278274.

As said above, get a Skippy Account, as a lot cheaper than using Roaming charges. 

If you're on AIS mobile, then prefix with 003 44, again drop the leading Zero.

22 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

I'm curious about this.

Why use the telephone at all?

Does Lloyds not have a chat room on their website?

Can not find one and like everything talking to a computer

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

I'm curious about this.

Why use the telephone at all?

Does Lloyds not have a chat room on their website?

No, Lloyds unfortunately do not. Neither UK onshore or International off shore. 

If you look on the beck of your card, you should find a +44 number for calling from abroad. It might be  in very text, but is usually on the reverse, somewhere below the signature strip.

When calling, bear in mind UK working hours. Better chance of getting through early their time.

Don't know if you are aware, but there is a Lloyds Banking app for your phone.

It has facilities for transactions, managing your card, such as  freezing it, or changing your PIN, report lost or stolen.  

Also managing a transaction and other support or contacting  support.

HTH

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Or use the discounted international codes that all the phone service providers here offer.  B6/B7 per minute to the UK, typically.

In my experience some of these discounted codes do not work when phoning banks or UK govt departments etc. You just get a constant engaged tone. When I redial with the normal 01 intl code I always get through  (but about 14 baht/min)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

In my experience some of these discounted codes do not work when phoning banks or UK govt departments etc. You just get a constant engaged tone. When I redial with the normal 01 intl code I always get through  (but about 14 baht/min)

My experience was five minutes before posting on this thread...

"...both Lloyds Bank's contact numbers that do connect from here, I just got through on both of them". 

Using "004".

"When I redial with the normal 01 intl code I always get through  (but about 14 baht/min)"

Maybe that explains it, then, the standard internaitonal code from Thailand is "001". not "01".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1