What are the current (april 2023) entry requirements for Thailand

Hello all,

What are the current entry requirements for Thailand, entering in April 2023 as a tourist from Europe, staying 28 days?

Any specific requirements, or just hop on a plane and get a visa exampt (now back to 30 days) upon going through passport check?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some may argue a credit card is ok for the cash requirement, again, that’s not so clear. 

It is clear.

A credit card, bank book etc would not be accepted.

In any event the OP will not require funds. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.

I know about the official fund requirement, but I've never been asked to show any funds either, during all my past arrivals to Bangkok.

Good to know there are not any other requirements.

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

- 20,000 baht currency equivalent in cash.

I think that is for those individuals entering on a Tourist Visa; for visa exempt entry I believe that it's B10k per person or B20k per family.   

The chances of that being checked on and enforced, in the current climate of Thailand wanting as many tourists as possible, is next to zero unless there is an obvious reason for the IO to be suspicious of the visitor's ability to support himself.  I'm sure that you may have a current example to show that I'm wrong, though.

On 4/8/2023 at 10:11 AM, arminbkk said:

What are the current entry requirements for Thailand, entering in April 2023 as a tourist from Europe, staying 28 days?

Where in Europe?  Cyprus and Malta are visa on arrival.  Nationals of Croatia and some other countries in that area require a visa.  Most however are as previous replies.

This is the requirements from Timatic that the airline will see and should check against for a  Serbian:

image.png.2c46dbbf9ce3c080e4bf9d85ea20476d.png

7 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Well, that's the thing. Based on all the first-person accounts of people who have been asked for proof of funds, it has always been people with a years-long history of spending long and/or frequently repeated periods of time in Thailand such that it appeared that were living or working here (to all intents and purposes) but without having the appropriate visa.

I personally can't recall a single example being reported of it happening to anyone coming in only on the occasional visa exempt entry.

I've seen them ask about Financials a couple timesovwr the years but it was general questions, never show me the cash. Although some tourist would claim harassment just based on the general question

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Op asked for facts and those facts were provided

You missed the post from OP.

"I know about the official fund requirement, but I've never been asked to show any funds either, during all my past arrivals to Bangkok.

Good to know there are not any other requirements."...

You stated "those facts were provided" he already was aware of that...

along with ..

"Some may argue a credit card is ok for the cash requirement, again, that’s not so clear" 

That's incorrect credit card has never been acceptable. 

• Haha 2

On 4/8/2023 at 7:01 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Officially…. 
- A return ticket ( within visa exempt duration).

- 20,000 baht currency equivalent in cash.

Some will argue and use anecdote that they have never needed these, however, those are the requirements. 
Some may argue a credit card is ok for the cash requirement, again, that’s not so clear. 

As far as covid is concerned…  no longer any requirements for PCR or fax cert etc. 

I have a passport full of Thai entry stamps and prefer things to go as smoothly as possible. Flying to CNX this week. Will have 20k and onward flight. Rarely get checked but playing safe costs nothing 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Tourist Visa; for visa exempt entry I believe that it's B10k per person or B20k per family.   

The chances of that being checked on and enforced, in the current climate of Thailand wanting as many tourists as possible, is next to zero unless there is an obvious reason for the IO to be suspicious of the visitor's ability to support himself.  I'm sure that you may have a current example to show that I'm wrong, though.

Expand  

Agreed... the chances of being checked for Cash is extremely limited, but not unheard of. 

Op asked for facts...  Entry requirements - and that is 20k baht and onward ticket.

"Entry requirements - and that is 20k baht"

...yes, for individuals entering on a tourist visa.   For VE entries it is B10k or B20k per family.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Entry requirements - and that is 20k baht"

...yes, for individuals entering on a tourist visa.   For VE entries it is B10k or B20k per family.

VE THB 20k per person and THB 40 per family as per website of Thai embassy in Switzerland.

• Haha 1