Nonthaburi Immigration Office Trip Report

Hi everyone. Just wanted to report my experience from today at the Nonthaburi IO. My plan was to extend my visa exempt for 30 days. On arrival I was told that they would only accept my online booking if i had a photo copy of the actual booking: Strike 1. Next I was told that the TM30 also had to be printed out with a screenshot not acceptable: Strike 2. Once I finally got a copy of my TM30 from one of the outside printing services through sending the screenshot to them with the Line app I was told that my TM30 had not been done on time, hence today IO will not grant me an extension: Strike 3. I was handed out the TM30 form, told that I must pay 800 baht, along with a 'documents required' list stapled to the TM30 form. According to this form I'm required to print every page of my passport, along with the copy of ID card of householder, copy of house registration authority, lease agreement & a copy of the condominium title deed. They also handed me a Power of Attorney form to fill out..So that escalated to say the least. So far In my experience, I've found the Cheang Wattana IO much more convenient in regards to honouring online booking with screenshot proof of booking and reasonable in regards to TM30, the last one I did was also late, but it wasn't an issue for the IO officer at Cheang Wattana IO.. Anyway, it looks like i may have to do a visa run or fly out of the country before or on 14th April as i wont be able to acquire signatures from the condo owner today or tomorrow who's away for Songkran.  

*Also, there are no ATMs in close proximity to the Nonthaburi IO building, with the only cash option being offered by outside shops with your bank app. They charge a 20 baht fee for this.     

Edited by markusss
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, markusss said:

Anyway, it looks like i may have to do a visa run or fly out of the country before or on 14th Apri

wish I was that lucky!

i could do with a dirty weekend away in one of the neighboring countries.

stop moaning and do a visa run! they are quite fun. at least all the ones ive been on have always descended into drunken chaos and spin the bottle at 3am...

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

So Nonthaburi back to being hell hole.

What a bunch of A ####.

It's messy but you could check into hotel Bangkok and do your extension at Laksi immigration IT mall.

They will accept screenshot of TM30 and also possible to make bookings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So Nonthaburi back to being hell hole.

What a bunch of A ####.

It's messy but you could check into hotel Bangkok and do your extension at Laksi immigration IT mall.

They will accept screenshot of TM30 and also possible to make bookings. 

Nice suggestion there : ) Thank you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldestswinger said:

After living in Nonthaburi for 10 years, I moved from to BKK 2 years ago. Nothing pleased me more than getting away from Nonthaburi immigration - unhelpful and downright obstructive.

My exact experience there both yesterday & today. Those frontdesk underling nitpickers are very good at driving people away. Best to go around them if there's a 'fast-track' option available there. 

• Like 1