Happy Songkran, high-speed rail update, could Anutin be PM? : Tim Newton Today - April 13

webfact

image.jpeg

It's Songkran day in Thailand, the Thai new year, and we see what the media are reporting about this special day. A Singaporean publisher thinks public health Minister Anutin could become the next Thai PM... we're not so sure. Latest on the high speed railway that is being built from Bangkok to Nong Khai in the north east. A Porsche driver gets creative with trying to avoid road tolls.

Thanks to our supporters 5 Star Marine in Phuket...
https://5starmarinephuket.com

Tim Newton Today is a daily, independent look at Thai and south East Asian regional news.

Tim, we celebrate Songkran from home.  It is better to watch the news re the festivities.  Our neighbor has done the traditional respectful pouring of water for the older folks, but she is in Germany this year.  Those delays in the high speed rail lines seems to be the give-and-take negotiations between the Thais and the Chinese.  I heard years ago opinions that the Chinese wanted value-added access to land either side of the railroads to build hotels, restaurants, etc.  We live near Pran Buri, just south of Hua Hin.  The overpasses (flyovers) were completed two years ago.  Everyone, be good and have a safe Songkran.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:39 AM, webfact said:

Minister Anutin could become the next Thai PM

After all the foreigners on here lambasted Anutin during the past few years, I think it would be a heck of a fate twist.  ????  I've got no business commenting on Thai politics and most of you 'folks' don't either. (In fact if some of those politicians read some of those comments, it's no wonder they don't like us or want to do anything that would make the immigration laws easier or better).

• Sad 1