Residence certificate with tourist visa for opening a bank account.

On 4/13/2023 at 11:02 PM, Dan O said:

I've posted this at least 3 times for you and you continue to claim it's nonsense without any basis. I know personally several people in various provinces including myself last Nov that have opened acct with Krungsri but you always claim nonsense. Others have also verified it on those posts and I even went back and linked the posts to show you but you ignore that as well. you don't run this forum last I checked nor do I or anyone else need your approval to offer help and\or advice. As I have always stated there are no guarantees like most things in thailand but checking it loses the person nothing. 

OP, have your friend go bank hopping and ask what the requirements are to open an account. Not all bank branches abide by the same rules. If to no avail then an agent can help . Or just get the proper visa.

Edited by Rimmer
bickering
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

OP, have your friend go bank hopping and ask what the requirements are to open an account. Not all bank branches abide by the same rules. If to no avail then an agent can help . Or just get the proper visa.

Your advice is outdated. 

"Bank hopping" was possible years ago.

Not now.

From the OP, he stated the following.....

"He wants to open a bank account and need the residence certificate for this. He has the TM and rental contract but he has no 90 days report since he is not required to file that. My question is, if we go to Whattana immigration will they issue the certificate without a 90 days report" 

The answer to his question is that CW will NOT issue him a certificate of residence without a 90 day report.

This is a particular requirement for CW immigration.

He also mentions that the friends embassy does not issue the "letter" that the banks accept in lieu of the residence certificate.

This is an issue not only for bank accounts but also TDL.

Stating "or just get the proper visa" is a catch 22.

Many folk that entered visa exempt or tourist visa with a planned pathway to obtaining a non O require a Thai bank account. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 10:23 AM, Doctor Martin said:

Hi folks,

a friend wants to open a bank account and need a residence visa for this. What kind of documents are required to get that from immigration. Thanks in advance and Happy Songkran ????

Are you your friend's secretary? ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your advice is outdated. 

"Bank hopping" was possible years ago.

Not now.

From the OP, he stated the following.....

"He wants to open a bank account and need the residence certificate for this. He has the TM and rental contract but he has no 90 days report since he is not required to file that. My question is, if we go to Whattana immigration will they issue the certificate without a 90 days report" 

The answer to his question is that CW will NOT issue him a certificate of residence without a 90 day report.

This is a particular requirement for CW immigration.

He also mentions that the friends embassy does not issue the "letter" that the banks accept in lieu of the residence certificate.

This is an issue not only for bank accounts but also TDL.

Stating "or just get the proper visa" is a catch 22.

Many folk that entered visa exempt or tourist visa with a planned pathway to obtaining a non O require a Thai bank account. 

Can be done using an agency though .