The Post Office fired me for honoring the Lord's Day. Supreme Court must make this right

onthedarkside

I think they fired him for not showing up to work what he agreed upon when hired.  Nobody is guaranteed off on Sunday or any holiday working for the post office.

Some places are open 24/7.  

Try Chik Fit A ... they'll give you Sunday off

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually think it's a bit harsh. If he was a good worker, and had that one preference, they surely good accommodate him. Could be they didn't buy his reasons and he was a whiner who found excuses for other things too.

I suppose it depends on what he signed up to when he started. 

On the face of it big organisation like that should be able to accommodate such things. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I actually think it's a bit harsh. If he was a good worker, and had that one preference, they surely good accommodate him. Could be they didn't buy his reasons and he was a whiner who found excuses for other things too.

On the face of it big organisation like that should be able to accommodate such things. 

Of course I don't know but it's reasonable to assume this was a last straw situation.

34 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

If they "accommodate" 1

???????? religion/superstition...then they must accommodate all. See the problem? NOT an option. It's ridiculous. Show up for your job or GTFO and find another. As @KhunLAsaid, Chick-fil-A...unless gay, then NO WAY. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

If they "accommodate" 1

???????? religion/superstition...then they must accommodate all. See the problem? NOT an option. It's ridiculous. Show up for your job or GTFO and find another. As @KhunLAsaid, Chick-fil-A...unless gay, then NO WAY. 

I work for a large government organisation in Australia and we try and accommodate needs and desires of staff as long as they come to the party in other ways. In Australia something like this would be unlikely as workers generally have more power, get better pay including extra pay on Sundays, and maybe people are easier going. 

Different for small business with few staff and different if contract specifically required Sunday work.

A bit of flexibility from a large organisation can pay dividends in terms of happy and loyal staff.

Things appear a bit different in the United States.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Presumably you also object to the premier league pausing games for muslims during Ramadan?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65028657

Or do they need to leave it at the kick off whistle pal?

What private businesses do is, provided it’s within the law, their business.

If two private businesses mutually agree to something like the following then I don’t have any issue with it:

Play does not stop while matches are in mid-flow, but at the earliest convenient moment during a goal-kick, free-kick or throw-in.

Teams and match officials will discuss beforehand whether a pause is required and an approximate time for the stoppage will be agreed.”

‘Pause’ agreements are common in sport, always have been, it’s usually called “Good Sportsmanship”.

I believe Brits regard it one of their defining characteristics.

The supreme court is too busy grifting $$, lavish vacations, private jets, real estate and lying about roe v wade positions etc to worry about such trivial separation of church and state matters...if u want help from Supremes recommend you provide some lavish vacations or similar to get their attention.

• Like 1