Security guard stomps on American tourist’s head in Phuket (video)

webfact

21 hours ago, BestB said:

Just to clarify because i am little confused, so he picks a  fight with s staff member, gets thrown out and in the process gets his nose broken, but wants to file charges and have what outcome? be compensated ? or what?

In the video i see he keeps resisting when 3 guards dragging him away

Whether it is true or not, it was reported that the guy accused the DJ of stealing his smartphone, if it is true, then surely it has to be looked into.

19 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Maybe he got some "encouragement" to change his story. ????
But anyway where's the broken nose? he looks fine.

Why the up side down head look? No one can help a bald head, but a beard to go with it?? It happens to be a very common look these days.

On 4/19/2023 at 2:55 AM, NorthernRyland said:

Well yes, I'm under the under assumption this was guy was causing trouble but maybe he was  just slightly rude and deserve this. Who knows without being there....

Sorry, I have to disagree. He may well have deserved a damn good slap (who knows, I wasn't there either), but no-one deserves having their head stomped on (or being senselessly kicked while down, which I've seen happen a number of times in Thailand). Thai's have zero self-control once the cork pops, and for some it takes very little to pop it!

Edited by sabai-dee-man

On 4/18/2023 at 1:29 PM, hotchilli said:

Stamp on a Thais head and see what happens..

Didn't a Thai lady get something like 200,000 baht for getting her ar$e slapped last year??

Amazing, isn't it?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 1:49 PM, khunjeff said:

For whatever it's worth, he says in a video that the story was misreported, and that the time was actually between 11:30 and 11:45pm.

so he's now not only the aggrieved but also the misquoted and a paragon of virtue to boot? The time of the incident is on the original CCTV footage anyway..........maybe he hasn't sobered up yet (or is now looking for another fight with the journalist) 

He doesn't appear to be any the wiser from his ordeal anyway.  

On 4/20/2023 at 8:19 PM, sabai-dee-man said:

Thai's have zero self-control once the cork pops, and for some it takes very little to pop it!

In my experience they exhibit huge amounts of self-control - heaps more than most drunken foreigners (and by most I mean 95% of drunk foreigners). In our own countries it is a very testing job, for Thais to restrain themselves as much as they do in the face of such provocation is commendable. I suspect you have never been door security anywhere?