Non imm O 90 day extension from border visa exempt

After going to Vientianne (After 14 year hiatus) and surviving that molestation for 1 day, I decided to come back and enjoy Thai new year.

I am now going to apply for 90 day extension of visa exempt stamp of 30 days.

Using form TM87

In the guidelines it states in section 6.1.3 a copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage(certifying applicant is single) in absense of such letter, a copy thereof obtained from District office where the marriage was registered.

Firstly, wtf?

Secondly has anyone experienced needing this, I don't understand how a letter can exist but also I was married in Bangkok but live in Chiangmai.

Regards

44 minutes ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I am now going to apply for 90 day extension of visa exempt stamp of 30 days.

Hi, from what you wrote I understand that you re-entered Thailand VisaExempt and were thus stamped in for a 30-day Permit to stay.  And that you are going to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage at the Chiang Mai Imm Office.

Be aware that such Visa application needs to be done when you still have at least 15 days left on that Permit to stay, and some offices even require 21 or 23 days left on your Permit to stay (so better check what CM requires). 

In case you do not have sufficient time to prepare all the documents for your application, you can apply for a one-time 30-day extension of stay (costs 1.900,- THB just like any other extension). 

I have attached the relevant documents for your application, but the CM Imm Office may well have additional requirements or specifics that need to be met.

Doing a search on 'Chiang Mai Marriage Visa application' and clicking the AND option to limit the search to only those threads/posts containing all 5 words, will provide you with Chiang Mai specific information.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: I would recommend that you or a moderator would change the title of your Post, as it incorrectly mentions extension, while you would be applying for a Non Imm O Visa and it does not mention the Imm Office or that it is for reason of marriage that you want to apply.  A suggested title could read:

Applying at Chiang Mai Imm office for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage

6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf TM-87 - Application for Visa from Visa Exempt.pdf

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Be aware that such Visa application needs to be done when you still have at least 15 days left on that Permit to stay, and some offices even require 21 or 23 days left on your Permit to stay (so better check what CM requires). 

Correct.

CM require at least 21 days remaining 

• Thanks 1