Paying speeding ticket

guru

So I got a speeding ticket from an officer who flagged me down at a checkpoint after his mate snapped me on his speed camera earlier. No disputing the fine but paying it has not been so easy this year. A few years back, I got stopped in a different province, paid my 500 baht directly at the desk at the checkpoint and off I went on my merry way. This year, I wasn’t allowed to pay at the checkpoint and was told to go to Krungthai bank within 7 days.

I wasn’t concerned as I had previously had a speeding ticket through the post and paying that all went smoothly at my local Krungthai bank in central Bangkok. 

However, this side of the road ticket is in a different format and the Krungthai  barcode reader couldn’t  recognize the barcode and the lady told me to go to the police station as this barcode is only readable by police station barcode scanners. I tried Krungthai bank head office at ploenchit  and got the same puzzled looks, saying go to the police station because there is no number for her to input. I told them the police at the checkpoint told me I must go to Krungthai bank or use Krungthai phone app. 

I asked her if it was possible to key in the barcode number instead? This was a question rather than an instruction. Anyway she did it. I said great, so it works? She said she didn’t know, just did as I instructed and it was too late to delete now and I would have to pay the 500(+20 baht fee). So I did. 

I will obviously keep the receipt safe

but does anyone know if this manual keying in of the barcode number with my name and passport number works? 

Yeah those speeding tickets I’ve had  through the post can be read by my banking apps but this barcode on this hand written ticket is not readable by anything in my or Krungthai’s arsenal. It evens says on the back of the ticket that you can pay through a bank, atms, internet banking or wherever the PTM logo is displayed. Whatever PTM is. 

• Like 1

I think this website is only for those with Thai ID cards? To register, it requires an ID number and also the laser ID number on the back of a Thai ID card as mandatory fields to fill in.