90 Day Report Advice

DogNo1

15 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I have read various reports about 90-day submissions that are rejected for lack of TM 30 data.  I have just had my hotel submit a TM 30 with my new passport number..  i now have submitted an online report with data that matches my previous submissions except for the new passport number.  I received an email reply that my data had been received but so there has been no action on it.

CW doesn't do anything over the weekends on the 90-day report submissions. Earliest would be Monday that you might get the result. By early evening hours there could be a result, with some luck

Good pro-active move to have a TM-30 filed. Barring getting an approved result on Monday from the online submission, your idea to go out to CW on Tuesday is good. And if you get a screenshot of the TM-30  from the hotel, that will be good to have as support documentation.

If you do go out there and are having to wait around, go downstairs to one of the copy shops and get a printed copy or two of the TM-30 screenshot. Comes in handy to have those.

Edited by rwilem

My report was declined again today.  I will get a copy of the hotel's TM 30 and go out tomorrow at lunchtime.   My declination said no data found.  I'm not sure what that means.   Thanks for your advice.

I successfully filed my 90-day report today at Chaeng Wattana.  When I got there at 1:00 and quickly got my queue number there were 38 people waiting before me.  After a 90-minute wait, my number was called.  When I submitted my paper, the IO told me that my address of record was the one that I had three years ago before I was forced to move to my present hotel.  Fortunately, I had brought my hotel's electronically filed TM 30 with me, so the IO updated my address in the computer.  She warned me to submit my online report 15 days before the due date in the future.  I will not take a chance on that.  I will mail my report around eighteen days before the due date.  I have mailed in my reports for years without any problem.  Apparently they have been accepted for the last three years even though my address of record was different.

On 4/25/2023 at 6:55 PM, DogNo1 said:

I successfully filed my 90-day report today at Chaeng Wattana.  When I got there at 1:00 and quickly got my queue number there were 38 people waiting before me.  After a 90-minute wait, my number was called.  When I submitted my paper, the IO told me that my address of record was the one that I had three years ago before I was forced to move to my present hotel.  Fortunately, I had brought my hotel's electronically filed TM 30 with me, so the IO updated my address in the computer.  She warned me to submit my online report 15 days before the due date in the future.  I will not take a chance on that.  I will mail my report around eighteen days before the due date.  I have mailed in my reports for years without any problem.  Apparently they have been accepted for the last three years even though my address of record was different.

All's well that ends well!  Not all that painful, really. And fortunate, in retrospect, that the big logjam last week dissuaded you from attempting to do it at that time.

Having the TM-30 filed and being able to  show it at the time you were with the clerk at the desk did the job. 

I've never mailed in a 90-day report myself. Online has pretty much worked for me, except for the period in '20 where it was down or not working well for quite a stretch for many people in Bangkok.

But any MO that is successful, is a routine one likes and works for them, that's the way to go. 

The reason that I want to stick with mail in is because with the EMS receipt I am protected from filing late.  Over the past five years, I have never had a mailed in report declined.   I don't know if other people have filed online successfully when they are less than 15 days from their due date but if I have less than 15 days when an online submission is declined, I assume that I will have to make a trip to immigration.

incidentally, when I went to immigration on Tuesday I got queue numbers for both the 90-day and the re-entry queues.  When I completed my 90-day report I noticed that the re-entry queue had proceeded far past my queue number.    The 90-day queue seems to be much slower than the re-entry queue.

On 4/27/2023 at 7:19 PM, DogNo1 said:

incidentally, when I went to immigration on Tuesday I got queue numbers for both the 90-day and the re-entry queues.  When I completed my 90-day report I noticed that the re-entry queue had proceeded far past my queue number.    The 90-day queue seems to be much slower than the re-entry queue.

Incredible, that the wait for a 90-day report takes longer than that for a re-entry permit. But that's just a function of the 'numbers' that turn up that day, that time, and so on, and the number of staff servicing those folks. 

The last time I did an in-person 90-day report at CW was about six years ago. If I recall correctly, there were four desks in that A room. One of them was not getting numbers called in a timely manner, it seemed that  some other issue was being handled at that desk in addition to 90-day reporting. 

For doing my online reports I have been submitting them just a few days before the due date. Since the time the  system got a reboot a couple years ago, all of them were approved, though there were a couple hiccups where a report was rejected, but immediate 're-submissions' turned into approvals. (The 'middle name' issue-- needed for approval, in my case--and some address tweaking.)

It has taken from three days, the minimum I've experienced, to five days at the most, to get an approved result. Rejections have come back in about three days. Just FYI. 

I think when the clerk told you to file your next report 15 days before the due date she may have been referring to doing it online? Anyway, now that you are all up to speed on the address, TM-30, new passport details, you could try giving the online system a shot 15 days before, see what you get, while being ready to mail it, if you have to. They want the mail-in reports to be there seven days ahead of the due date, I believe, but I'd think there is some leeway in that.  So you would have three, four days, maybe five before you'd have to drop it in the mail?  

Though, as I say, if one's got a working MO that they're happy with, just keep keepin' on!

Edited by rwilem

By the way, when I did have to do some 90-day reports in-person at MTT, at the time during 2020 when the spotty online system was not 'report-friendly' (in my case), there was an appointment system for 90-day reporting there.

With an appointment it took maybe 15 minutes tops from entering the building to being finished with the report and having the receipt. 

But I understand there is not any appointment system for 90-day reporting at CW, which is kind of a drag.

Thanks for information.  It's interesting to hear that your online submissions were accepted a few days before the due date..  just the same, I think that I'll stick to mailing mine in but it's good to know that I have an alternative way to submit my report.

BTW, I guess that the re-entry line was moving quicker because they seem to receive the applications quicker.  At the 90-day report desk, there were only two windows open for part of the time.  It appeared to take 5-10 minutes for each report to be completed so only about 25 people were processed per hour.  There were 38 people in front of me when I went in and it took 90 minutes before my number was called.

On 5/4/2023 at 12:42 AM, DogNo1 said:

At the 90-day report desk, there were only two windows open for part of the time.  It appeared to take 5-10 minutes for each report to be completed so only about 25 people were processed per hour.  There were 38 people in front of me when I went in and it took 90 minutes before my number was called.from

Just two desks in action at CW, that is not really helping the situation.

Even adding in a bit of  inconvenience in getting to the MTT office, it seems to have been easier overall getting reports done there. There were staff pre-checking the documents and giving out numbers in the waiting area, and people were called in to the office in groups of ten at a time. It didn't take long for the next group to be called in, and there were about five or six--maybe more--desks handling the 'clients', and doing so at a good pace. Did not take all that long, and this was even without an appointment. If you had an appointment you were in-and-out in 15 minutes. 

CW slow-walking 90-day reporting, and not having an appointment system in place for it is not great news.

22 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Good news, thank you. I had not seen 90-day report on the list for appointments the last time I used it, in November '22. 

And it tops the list, I see. I wonder if it was recently added. But it's great to have it available. I have to pull back on my earlier post. If online fails, you can make an appointment for doing the report in-person.

It was not, even though I did get an approval email. So I went to Immigration. The IO explained since I submitted on a holiday weekend the Date of the next 90 day approval had not been processed yet. However the IO processed it right away and the email came with the date.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:43 PM, DogNo1 said:

There are no appointments to do 90-day reports.  You have queue and wait in line..

From the link in the earlier post by JimTripper I was able to get to this page. 

Appointments for 90-day reporting at CW tops the list.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

On 5/8/2023 at 11:32 AM, mackayae said:

It was not, even though I did get an approval email. So I went to Immigration. The IO explained since I submitted on a holiday weekend the Date of the next 90 day approval had not been processed yet. However the IO processed it right away and the email came with the date.

I think you may have mistaken the email informing the report has been submitted, is accepted, with the one that would tell you it's approved or not.

After being accepted, the submission is 'under review' before a result (approved/rejected) is provided. At CW, the 'under the hood' process will take anywhere from a few days to several, or more, depending on the backlog, holidays, etc. Some offices provide same day results, but CW doesn't.

So when you submit online at CW, you're looking at at least three days, and could be longer. You can check the status of your submission at the website; it'll show pending until there's a result. In my experience, the result email comes a little later than the result one can view on the website.

A successful report will always have the due date for the next one.

Edited by rwilem
  • Like 1