90 Day Report Advice

DogNo1

Thanks to the appointment system, I was able extend my stay and register a new passport at Chaeng Wattana in about an hour today.  My understanding is that after registering a new passport, you must do your first 90-report in person.  Mine is due on the 20th so I headed over to the 90-day report section at 1430.  I was given a queue number of 534 with 314 people waiting ahead of me.  Each person was taking 4-5 minutes so I could see that I wouldn’t be able to report today.  What are my reporting options?  It’s right after Songkran so maybe it’s especially crowded.  Are there any other reporting locations besides Chaeng Wattana?   I don’t want to spend a whole day there just to file my report. I’ve got eight days to figure it out.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

30 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

I was given a queue number of 534 with 314 people waiting ahead of me.  

Ouch, probably because it was the first day open after a long holiday closure. My report is due on the 20th as well. I got the reminder on the 12th and did it immediately online. With 13,14, and 17 being closed it is pending. I am hoping it clears as I would have to go on Monday the 24th to clear that up. So good luck. It wont be as crowded from now on. But that is the only office I know for BKK. 

34 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Are there any other reporting locations besides Chaeng Wattana?

If you live in the Bangkok Metropolitan area, CW is your only option.

Your only option left is in person/agent assisted.

90 day reports can be done by Thailand post 15 days before the due date. So try to use that from the next time.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/90days-report/

Thanks.   I have filed my report by mail for the last couple of years.  Because of the passport change, I must file in person this year.   I've never seen the 90-day report station this busy.  I have seen 70-80 people waiting but 314 waiting boggles the mind.   I wonder what will happen to people who can't file their reports because of the crowding.   Since each person takes about four minutes, 100 would take 400 minutes.  If the two windows work constantly, 100 people would take 200 minutes or about three and a half hours.  Of course there are delays and pauses.   I hope the backlog is cleared by next week so I can go in and report on Monday or Tuesday.

4 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I headed over to the 90-day report section at 1430.  I was given a queue number of 534 with 314 people waiting ahead of me.  Each person was taking 4-5 minutes so I could see that I wouldn’t be able to report today.

At CW if you get a number you'll be handled that day. (You are not turned away and told to come back another day.)

Yes, it was a jammed-up turnout today after the Songkran holidays, and from 2:30 could have taken 2-3 more hours of waiting. Wouldn't have to spend all of it in the office waiting. Could go downstairs, have some food, relax at a coffee shop, kill some of that time. If one is already out there, maybe getting it done then and there beats making a return trip? That's a calculation for one to make.

Later in the afternoon the pace of the numbers being called tends to pick up.

Edited by rwilem

My intention had been to do my extension, re-entry permit and 90-day report all in one day.   Immigration was horrendously crowded with many people standing due to a lack of seating.  I was just too tired to wait the three hours or so that would have taken to file the 90-day.  My intention now is to go to Chaeng Wattana before the 28th prepared to wait as long as it takes.   If I can squeeze it in, I'lll do my re-entry permit on the same day.

Today I had thought of getting my 90-day queue number before I did my extension of stay but my planning was poor.   I just didn't expect the 90-day station to be that crowded.

7 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Today I had thought of getting my 90-day queue number before I did my extension of stay but my planning was poor.   I just didn't expect the 90-day station to be that crowded.

That would have been an ideal way to have done it, and now you know.

I hear you, about being tired, just forget it, do it later. You've got plenty of days.

And for the re-entry permit you can make an appointment online, and maybe there will be a time slot for you that you prefer. That will shorten considerably the time needed for that. And pickup the number for the 90-day report first thing when you get in the office, that'll help.

By the way, I'll add that you might want to go ahead and give the 90-day online reporting system a shot. I believe there has been at least one report of someone having successfully done online a  'first 90 day report following a change in passport'. 

You could submit it, with the new passport and 'stay until date'. See what happens. Will it be received for consideration? Will you get a rejection or approval after x number of days? You could try to submit one today, as early as possible. I would try it, can't do any harm.

18 hours ago, marin said:

Ouch, probably because it was the first day open after a long holiday closure. My report is due on the 20th as well. I got the reminder on the 12th and did it immediately online. With 13,14, and 17 being closed it is pending. I am hoping it clears as I would have to go on Monday the 24th to clear that up. So good luck. It wont be as crowded from now on. But that is the only office I know for BKK. 

An online approval can sometimes take 14 days after the due date to be received.  My last one did.  If it shows as 'pending', I wouldn't bother going to Immigration to "clear that up".  Just be patient.

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

An online approval can sometimes take 14 days after the due date to be received.  My last one did.  If it shows as 'pending', I wouldn't bother going to Immigration to "clear that up".  Just be patient.

Thanks mate, sitting here listening to the recording at Immigration. "Please stay on the line, we are assisting other callers, all of our officers are busy........????

10 minutes ago, marin said:

Thanks mate, sitting here listening to the recording at Immigration. "Please stay on the line, we are assisting other callers, all of our officers are busy........????

For the last two times I did online I received a 'Pending' reply almost immediately. This time, I'm due on the 30th April. I applied on the 18th and got no reply. No indication it's been received.? When to go into panic mode?????

^ If I put my irrational worrying to the side it seems that they were closed big time 13,14 and then the 17th. I heard the 18th was a madhouse at CW, so I am thinking they must be well backed up due to Songkran holidays. I will let mine go through the weekend, but if nothing I will make the trip to CW Monday early and get it cleared up.

Did they ask for TM30 for extension? You might need a TM30 done for 90 day with a passport change - I did, but I don't know if that was because the old one was from a while back or because of change of passport number.

7 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I'm due on the 30th April. I applied on the 18th and got no reply. No indication it's been received.? When to go into panic mode?????

Have you checked the status at the website? If your online submission was indeed received a check of its status on the website will show whether it's PENDING or APPROVED. If there is no listing for it, then it was somehow not successfully submitted.

6 hours ago, marin said:

Mine cleared last night. Woke up to approved. Load off my shoulders.

Submitted on the 12th and approved on the 19th, with the office being closed three days (Thur., Fri. and Mon.)....not bad, considering.

• Like 1

Help.  I can't find the place to register my email and receive a password to complete the 90-day online report. I have clicked on online services on the page but that just brings up the instructions screen again.   Could someone please tell me how to report online starting at the immigration.go.th page.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, DogNo1 said:

Help.  I can't find the place to register my email and receive a password to complete the 90-day online report. I have clicked on online services on the page but that just brings up the instructions screen again.   Could someone please tell me how to report online starting at the immigration.go.th page.  Thanks.

OK, use this link.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login 

And, it's really easier using it with a phone, more than other devices, I've found. And if you have trouble with a browser, try another.

Follow the instructions to register, copy and paste the password from the email you'll receive to confirm the registration process.

When you log in you'll want submit a new report. (Also later, you can change the password to a preferred one at log in time, by hitting the 'forget password'. They'll send an email and from there you can set your new password.)

Edited by rwilem

I just received an email saying that my data was submitted.   I hope that I get a confirmation of acceptance before April 27 which is seven days after my 90-day due date on April 20.  Thanks for the suggestion to try submitting online.

12 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I just received an email saying that my data was submitted.   I hope that I get a confirmation of acceptance before April 27 which is seven days after my 90-day due date on April 20.  Thanks for the suggestion to try submitting online.

Great, now you can also log in at that website to check the status of your submitted report. Log in, look for 'check status', you might have to input some info. But check it to see if it is PENDING. Then you can check back in the next few days, hope you will see APPROVED. If you get a REJECTED, then you can go ahead and go out and do it in-person. Let us know what happens.

Thanks.  The present status is "Pending."   My report was due on the 20th so I think that I have through the 26th for it to be approved.  If It is not, I'll go out on the 27th.  Is my counting correct? The seven days past  counting starts on the 21st, I think.

2 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Thanks.  The present status is "Pending."   My report was due on the 20th so I think that I have through the 26th for it to be approved.  If It is not, I'll go out on the 27th.  Is my counting correct? The seven days past  counting starts on the 21st, I think.

I believe the count of the '7 days after' begins on the due date itself, really making it 6 days after. The 26th would be the last date for you to get in under that deadline.

31 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

My online report was rejected.  It seems that I will be spending a long day at Chaeng Wattana next week.

A quick REJECTED. Yeah, maybe the passport, the new passport, is the sticking point. That said, address errors or mismatches with what's on record gets the lion's share of rejections. I have submitted before, got rejected, submitted immediately again (even after the due date!) with a tweak in the address (putting room number in twice) and then got approved. Just that little tweak got it approved. You've got nothing to lose, I'd try submitting another one. If all fails, then you go out to CW on Tuesday or Wednesday--avoid Monday--and pickup the number for the 90-day report before any other business you're doing.

I would try submitting another report online but I don't know what to tweak.  I'll look for the copy of my previous report in January and check for differences between it and my present report..   My hunch is that the problem is the new passport number.  I assume that immigration hasn't updated their database.  Perhaps the 90 day report section keeps its own database.  I've never seen an IO check a computer regarding the data on my applications.

i will heed your advice and go out on Tuesday the 25th leaving the 26th open in case of unexpected problems such as needing a TM 30 or other papers.

I corrected two discrepancies between the report that I submitted by mail in January and my online report that I submitted yesterday.  I just tried submitting a new online report with the corrections.  It's past the due date of the 20th.  I hope that it will be accepted.

Thanks for your help!

I have read various reports about 90-day submissions that are rejected for lack of TM 30 data.  I have just had my hotel submit a TM 30 with my new passport number..  i now have submitted an online report with data that matches my previous submissions except for the new passport number.  I received an email reply that my data had been received but so there has been no action on it.