solution for roach problem

Rob3016

I am looking for a solution to having roaches in my home in Nong Hoi in Chiang Mai.  Interestingly, my next door neighbor reports no problems, but I regularly see roaches in my home. I just placed roach traps, but it's too early to tell whether these will help. I have read to sprinkle in the home diatomaceous earth, yet I have no idea where to find this in Chiang Mai.  I have also read that spreading borax or boric acid with sugar are good remedies, yet again where do I find borax or Boric acid in Chiang Mai or online? I am interested in peoples suggestions for effective methods to get rid of cockroaches. Thank you.

I believe you can buy diatomaceous earth on Amazon. 

Here is something interesting....

Lysol does kill roaches! It does this by suffocating them. Roaches breathe through openings on their back called spiracles. The Lysol penetrates the spiracles, causing them to choke and die.

I was having a problem with cockroaches at my apartment in Bangkok. One day I noticed the exterminators doing their monthly pest control visit at my building. So I asked if they could do something about my roaches. They put a few drops of this gel around my kitchen and bathroom, and voila - problem solved. That was about six months ago. I just noticed a few more roaches in my kitchen recently, so I put a few more drops of it around my apartment. It's not really cheap, but it works very well. And it only takes a few drops, so this tube will last for a long time.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/basf-seclira-cockroach-gel-30-i4178200252-s16428902323.html

Some comments.

Roach motels / traps will only work on lighter infestations.

They will not solve more serious ones.

That earth and Boric Acid are available on Lazada.

Borax is not the same and not as good.

Roaches are not attracted to Boric Acid, thus the sugar.

But wait.

Many roach "communities" have evolved to avoid sugar.

So best to experiment with different kinds of bait added to the poision.

Also roaches are "suspicious" of large piles of bail. They are more likely to go for more naturally small portions. Not saying they are suspicious like humans, talking about evolution. 

You can also use a very light almost invisible spray (like from a plastic ketchup bottle) of boric acid only with no bait in traffic areas, crevices etc.. They walk over that and spread the poison to their buddies. They avoid large piles of it. You should use a mask when spraying it. 

They also eat the dead ones and get the poison that way.

But really GEL is best! 
I have used it in bottlecaps in all the likely areas bathroom, kitchen, other cabinets. under/in appliances especially fridges etc.

How many to use? The heavier the infestation, the more small doses more closely spaced.

You don't need to use bottlecaps but it saves the mess if just squeezing it around without them. The optimal dose is like a pea size. If they eat that, refill. 

It's really the best.

I've read try the GEL cure for two weeks. 

You need time for the roach babies to eat the poisoned roach poop.

Then after that if you see any roaches, do another two weeks.

Then spray in some kind of repellent.

For example lavender oil diluted in water sprayed in their habitats.

Repeat that periodically as a prevention measure.

I've talked about the earth and Boric Acid, but I would suggest just starting with the gel. The Boric Acid if they like your bait (check youtube for varied recipes) will take at least a month to work and it may not really work. The gel will!

So why not skip ahead to the best? GEL!

A much cheaper roach kill gel on Lazada that definitely works:

Search:

Cockroach medicine Cockroach gel Cockroach killer Kill cockroaches No cockroaches

55a7ede7aa50c1ba7a7ee0314392278a.jpg_2200x2200q80.jpg_.webp

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, degrub said:

Geckos!

Well yeah you could.

Years ago I was living in a very old urban building in the US with an impossible roach problem. 

I bought some kind of African frog and gave it water but not food.

That frog got very fat!

Edited by Jingthing