It's Hot (What if Global Warming is Here?)

Danderman123

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I have noticed before that when an interaction you are engaged in with another poster is not going to your liking, you revert to one of two somewhat shallow default mechanisms. You either accuse them of being a troll, which is invariably not the case, or you finish your comment with “goodbye”

Both of these ploys are a risible attempt at silencing the other person by trying to end the engagement; the implication is that your adversary has no further right to reply, leaving you of course, having had the last word.

These ploys are both commonly used nowadays online, and they sit in the same category as finishing a comment with “period” or “fact” and are transparent in their intent, and rather tiresome.

You have used both of them on me in one fell swoop, I am honoured indeed.

I have to say I am guilty of those things also but it's got nothing to do with an attempt to silence anyone, the other party os always free to continue without me.

16 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You either accuse them of being a troll, which is invariably not the case, or you finish your comment with “goodbye”

I prefer ... "Have a nice day"

It's been "here".  It's been predicted. nuff' said. It's not gonna get any better. Climate change is real and will be effecting our future in ways that can only be imagined. Water, Famine, Drought, floods ..extreme weather etc etc.

On 4/19/2023 at 8:40 AM, Danderman123 said:

Volcanoes cool the planet, via emissions of silicon dioxide.

It's fairly trivial to measure noxious gas output from all the cars and motor in Thailand and compare against temperature over the years.

So now it's silicon dioxide? In my textbooks it used to be sulfur dioxide.

• Like 2

One upside of the heat is that I don’t need to use my hot water heater for a shower. 

But, I am tempted to run the aircon 24 hours a day. Lately, I have been using USB fans and swamp coolers if I am alone in my condo, that saves a lot on the electric bill. I use USB powerbanks for the fans, and I charge the powerbanks with solar.

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

One upside of the heat is that I don’t need to use my hot water heater for a shower. 

Can't get a cool shower though! Water comes out warm, cool, then gets hot depending where it has been sitting in the pipes. In Saudi we swapped over the system, switching off the electric storage heater in summer and that became the cold supply, while hot came from outside, 

Edited by jacko45k