300 baht arrival tax shelved, Thai tourism arrival numbers sag : Tim Newton Today - April 20

webfact

image.jpeg

The much-discussed 300 baht arrival tax in Thailand has been postponed, again, meanwhile Thailand's international arrivals are continuing to sag since February, more than 2 million people have been hospitalised over health issues brought on my the air pollution problem, mostly in Thailand's north, another Chinese businessman kidnapped for ransom in Bangkok, murder/suicide in Asoke, Bangkok, Bhumjaithai party saying they don't support 'Cannabis Day' activities in Thailand today. 100 golf carts trashed in fire.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

With thanks to our sponsor 5 Star Marine in Phuket for premium, private charters to the beautiful islands and beaches. https://5starmarinephuket.com

'I never promised you a rose garden' goes on the son to say and Thailand definitely is not a rose garden, not for a long time now, and i don't put much stock into what the government say or not say and the reasons thereof. 

As on another website they have written that the 300 THB will not be shelved, but that agencies and online sales will do it instead of the airlines...They forgot it will cost more money and is more vulnerable for corruption... Besides that with the election coming, and the new Government in power in August, nobody has time to invent a good solution anymore... so yes shelved for next year or cancelled at all

On 4/21/2023 at 8:12 AM, LittleBear57 said:

We already pay for the privilege of leaving Thailand which is now incorporated into the cost of the airfare. I can remember paying to leave at Don Muang at a kiosk after check in.

Yes, I think I recall that...better than the idiots at Manila who said I had to do it before checking in, after I had queued up there!