Man Rams Benz Into Bus Passengers, Killing One

george

Poor parenting. A 20 year old should not be driving an expensive car, maybe not any car. The parents should be thrown in jail for not taking action against a known unstable wacko with a history of wackoness. The kid should stay in prison until such time he is no longer a danger... THEN he can have his trial, then go back to prison for the rest of his life. The parents should also have long prison sentences... put the mother in the beauty queen wing of the prison, let her rot there.

Imagine, giving car keys to someone like that.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he had taken care of Kanpitak from Monday to Friday, while Savinee had taken care of him on weekends. "From now on, I won't let my son drive. He will also enter the monkhood in dedication to his victims," Kan-anek said.

It's a bit late now... that is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. He should never be let out on the streets again, let alone behind the wheel of a car!

Edited by JCCR6

victim.jpg

Premeditated... not premeditated.... murder.... manslaughter... accident .... whatever it is, Saichon Luangsaeng is dead and Kanpitak Pachimsawas did it.

spot on - nothing can bring her back to life! those who plead this sicko's case should be ashamed of themselves! :D

in the other thread about the actor, someone even suggested that movie production houses were responsible for overworking the poor guy on the day he killed that garbage collector! :o

Until the circumstances are known as to how he had the vehicle and why he was driving, it is unfair to make accusations.

If he is sick, then some compassion is order.

Your reasoning makes me wonder why the world is so fcuked up. :o

It certainly is fair. The freak plowed into innocent people, who gives a **** about his circumstances.

If he was sick, had a fight and killed someone who wrongly smashed his car then perhaps some compassion would be in order, but beings as the guy cowardly mowed down several people with no reason other than apparently his brain may not be functioning correctly, he should be treated for his disorder, made to see the error of his ways and then lead to the gallows for the sake of those he killed and maimed.

Time to make a stand against this sh1t and start protecting the innocents.

Well I’m not ashamed! I have said he did an awful awful thing and I feel very sorry for the victim and her family. But that doesn’t mean its ok to prevent the guy having the rights of anyone else who has broken the law or is mentally ill. If nobody ever pleaded for his case then he would likely be dead already and that would make the angry mob a group of murderers as well. As the police have said, what is needed is justice for everyone, a fair trial.

Jackr...Quite frankly your comments are ridiculous. If his brain wasnt functioning right then who knows what was in his mind at that time, I think you underestimate what a mental illness can actually do. If he was successfully rehabilitated what would be the point of then killing him? I cant believe I even bother righting a reply to such ignorant, lynch mob posts from yourself.

Jake

victim.jpg

Premeditated... not premeditated.... murder.... manslaughter... accident .... whatever it is, Saichon Luangsaeng is dead and Kanpitak Pachimsawas did it.

spot on - nothing can bring her back to life! those who plead this sicko's case should be ashamed of themselves! :o

Do people not have a right to have their case pleaded anymore? We are determining his level of responsibility in this crime, and also discussing who else's responsibility it may also have been. When someone is killed by another person these things are taken into account by any decent justice system in the world.

Not defending anyone here. My observation is most people do not understand mental illness. I was brought up by a single-mentally-ill mother. I have never come across anyone who understood the difficulties I had in life dealing with my mother, not even social workers! Even psychiatrists couldn't handle my mother! Unless one has spent time with someone they love and is mentally ill, they will hardly understand it.

Perhaps the society should execute all those who are mentally ill, retarded, too short, too tall, too fat, too thin so that our society would be 100% normal? Then perhaps no innocent will suffer or die?

The bus drivers in this country are animals. They swerve in and out of the all lanes with little regard for any vehicle smaller than themselves. It’s a wonder there aren’t more confrontations. When you have government or Police department that accept 100 baht for no license, no insurance, no MOT no documents what so ever. It’s a dangerous place.

This person should be in prison. "He will also enter the monkhood in dedication to his victims" in any civilized country he would be remanded in custody awaiting trial. If the story is correct he would almost certainly be convicted and go to jail for murder. The idea that his father a police officer in one of the most corrupt countries on the planet. Can take responsibility is insane.

Poor people are given incredible sentences in this country for victimless crime.

This guy will not go to jail. Another rich person having a tantrum.

What a very ugly and sick society we live in.

Again I ask myself what I'm doing in a society that doesn’t seem to be moving forward at all.

Killed because some rich kid lost his temper with a bus driver.

Poor lady.

Not defending anyone here. My observation is most people do not understand mental illness. I was brought up by a single-mentally-ill mother. I have never come across anyone who understood the difficulties I had in life dealing with my mother, not even social workers! Even psychiatrists couldn't handle my mother! Unless one has spent time with someone they love and is mentally ill, they will hardly understand it.

Perhaps the society should execute all those who are mentally ill, retarded, too short, too tall, too fat, too thin so that our society would be 100% normal? Then perhaps no innocent will suffer or die?

Rubbish. You need accountability in any society. Diminished responsibility in mitigation sure, as a defence but he should still be held accountable.

Before the event “don’t let him drive”

After the event “Killers should be punished”

After he swerved his car into the crowd and ran over three victims, witnesses attacked him. As of yesterday, Kan-anek said his son was crying all the time and was depressed.

Yes, I would cry all day and would be depressed if MY father couldn't get me out of a 25 year sentence either!!! Throw the book at the piece of sh1t!! :o

victim.jpg

spot on - nothing can bring her back to life! those who plead this sicko's case should be ashamed of themselves! :o

Do people not have a right to have their case pleaded anymore? We are determining his level of responsibility in this crime, and also discussing who else's responsibility it may also have been. When someone is killed by another person these things are taken into account by any decent justice system in the world.

sure, people have a right to plead their case :D remember, mental illness can only explain a person’s behavior, but it rarely excuses it.

otherwise, all the paedophiles should go scot-free as well!

Edited by Payboy

Rubbish. You need accountability in any society. Diminished responsibility in mitigation sure, as a defence but he should still be held accountable.

Before the event “don’t let him drive”

After the event “Killers should be punished”

I don't blame you. I would have exactly responded in that way when I was 12.

I dont think anyone is excusing him....Obviously something has to be done, whether its prison or mental rehabilitation thats up to the courts and medical experts to decide. I think people object to a large number of people (as usual) rushing in and calling names and dealing out the death sentence in situations where they dont know the circumstances and even if they did probably cant even comprehend those circumstances. It really is quite pathetic and leads me to believe they are generally no better than the person they are abusing(this goes for a number of recent threads by the way).

I believe the farang was a rescue volunteer who operates in that area and who sometimes posts here.

Edited by madjbs

Apply the same excuse and alcoholics should not be convicted if they commit crimes (eg. drink driving) because they are suffering an illness.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Either try him for murder or commit him to a mental institution until medical science can prove he is no longer a danger to society...which I expect will be never.

I saw the story in Daily News and Kom Chad Leuk and they had the same photo as in the beginning of this post. The medic reaching in the car sure looked like a farang in that photo. Was he?

that's not a medic - he is a farang volunteer in one of the charity rescue units in bangkok...

Considering how many Bangkok bus drivers drive... particularly the independent non BMTA ones (the green mini buses and the white with blue/yellow trim bus lines in particular), in many cases it can be considered self defense and protecting the public when one takes justice into one's own hands.

:o

I saw the story in Daily News and Kom Chad Leuk and they had the same photo as in the beginning of this post. The medic reaching in the car sure looked like a farang in that photo. Was he?

that's not a medic - he is a farang volunteer in one of the charity rescue units in bangkok...

thaivisa's own Colonel?? :o

thaivisa's own Colonel?? :D

most likely though the pic is not so clear - and it seems he managed to put a collar-brace on the dastardly offender - me i would have just let him break his <deleted> neck :o

No being an alcoholic is not the same! An alcoholic still knows what they are doing, they know what is right or wrong. Somebody who has a mental illness can be so detached from reality (im not saying its the case here) they think dogs speak and have no idea about normal human behavior, including what is right, what is wrong, even what they are doing at that very moment in time.

Is it really that hard to understand? I think you would rather ignore it so you can carry on being part of a lynch mob to be honest.

No being an alcoholic is not the same! An alcoholic still knows what they are doing, they know what is right or wrong. Somebody who has a mental illness can be so detached from reality (im not saying its the case here) they think dogs speak and have no idea about normal human behavior, including what is right, what is wrong, even what they are doing at that very moment in time.

Is it really that hard to understand? I think you would rather ignore it so you can carry on being part of a lynch mob to be honest.

I beg to disagree. An alcoholic may be in a mental state to know what they are doing when they start drinking, but by the end of a binge their mental capability and judgement could be so impaired as to equal the mental impairment of a person with a mental illness.

This guy, from reports, was not in a state of constant mental impairment, although his state of mental illness may have been constant. Just the same as an alcoholic who is always an alcoholic, whether drinking or not.

So no difference as I see it.

Edited by sibeymai

Defenitely was. Could it be Colpyat? Quite smart looking.

Apply the same excuse and alcoholics should not be convicted if they commit crimes (eg. drink driving) because they are suffering an illness.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Either try him for murder or commit him to a mental institution until medical science can prove he is no longer a danger to society...which I expect will be never.

Of course lines have to be drawn. But how are we going to know where to draw if we do not try to understand what human beings are? If we don't try to learn about human behaviour? If we don't stick to reality? If we simply think we are better than those who had made mistakes and we will never have done the same? If we simply want to lynch someone to fulfill our animal desire?

Funny, my mom used to tell me how the dogs think this and that. And she also wonders how people will know what she is doing when she is alone in her house.

I thought his hand movements with clasped fingers while sitting in the car and lying on a stretcher was top notch ACTING. :o

Clenching his fingers like that can also be a symptom of the autism which was alluded to earlier in the thread.... in which case, he had absolutely no business operating a motor vehicle.

Anyone that enabled him in that endeavor knowing his condition could be considered an accessory to murder.

Edited by sriracha john

going purely by their driving style :o , i'd say at least half the drivers in bangkok have one kind of mental disorder or the other!

Couldn't agree more.

And 99% if not 100 of those coming to live in Thailand have too. :D

half the drivers in bangkok would include those - not? :D

So the guy went to a mental hospital three times.

Who says he has a mental illness? Doctors who saw him didn't think he was not fit to drive.

What happened yesterday? A bus possibly scratched his benz, he chased it, flagged it down, got out and hit the bus driver in the face with a rock, then got into his car and drove into a crowd of people.

Sounds like a case of road rage to me.

Not many people can completely control their actions when extremely angry. It's perfectly natural to do something stupid and regret it later.

Do the courts accept "I was angry" as a defence argument?