music in the car...

The only issue with running off the internet is there are some spots without service. Lampang, I'm looking at you... This is a topic of interest to me. My car is 12 years old so no blue tooth but I can plug the phone into a mini-jack and run through AUX mode on the radio. All is fine until I have to charge the phone via the cigarette lighter. Then I get tons of interference from the car engine and it's pretty horrible. Anyone else have this problem? My workaround so far was to buy a power bank and when on long journeys I power the phone through that and no interference and it's plenty big to last for days, I've found. But....anyone else have this issue?

• Thanks 1

Spotify is great. In the house it plays on my home built speakers. When I get in my car, without interaction it is connected to the car audio (BT). Control is by car stereo buttons.

I have 4 MB/s mobile data which is enough for play without interference.

There is no downloading as it is streaming.

129 THB per month.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Out of interest, has any one purchased one of these Bluetooth music receivers for their older car? And if so did it work! 

IMG_25660423_141412.jpg

Do you mean you plug this unit into the headphone socket of your phone, or does your car radio have a phono input and this receives from your phone?

27 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Do you mean you plug this unit into the headphone socket of your phone, or does your car radio have a phono input and this receives from your phone?

As I understand it, you plug this unit into the headphone jack socket on your car radio/audio system and then connect your phone via Bluetooth to the device.

And then, in theory you can play songs straight from you phone through the speakers in your car, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dmaxdan said:

As I understand it, you plug this unit into the headphone jack socket on your car radio/audio system and then connect your phone via Bluetooth to the device.

And then, in theory you can play songs straight from you phone through the speakers in your car, 

If your car radio has a mini-jack input, why not get a cable with plugs each end, forget the Bluetooth.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Just use youtube. Totally free, millions of choices. Why pay for music?

Pay for premium to avoid ads...there's nothign worse than listening to music then sem ad come on...My son uses premium, so when he is in teh car we use that....fortunately he has reasonable taste in music, so it's listenable.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If your car radio has a mini-jack input, why not get a cable with plugs each end, forget the Bluetooth.

This is what I already do. But those little Bluetooth receiver devices are as cheap as chips on Lazada. Some of them sell for less than 100 baht! Almost too cheap really.

So, I'm just curious if anyone has had any personal experience of them, that's all.

Just now, Dmaxdan said:

This is what I already do. But those little Bluetooth receiver devices are as cheap as chips on Lazada. Some of them sell for less than 100 baht! Almost too cheap really.

So, I'm just curious if anyone has had any personal experience of them, that's all.

You get what you do, or do not, pay for. Keep the cable, 100% works.

How old is your car? 

I have a carplay / android auto equipped “radio” I just plug any phone with mobile data. With iPhones there is never an issue, often there is a bit of button pressing with androids where it often forgets the permissions. 

I think you could get away with a 300B/ month data package. 

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

How old is your car? 

I have a carplay / android auto equipped “radio” I just plug any phone with mobile data. With iPhones there is never an issue, often there is a bit of button pressing with androids where it often forgets the permissions. 

I think you could get away with a 300B/ month data package. 

Don't understand. Are you saying that you use your phone as a WiFi hotspot?

My DTAC unlimited SIM cost me Bht 1200 for 12 months = Bht 100 per month.

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Don't understand. Are you saying that you use your phone as a WiFi hotspot?

My DTAC unlimited SIM cost me Bht 1200 for 12 months = Bht 100 per month.

You use mobile data - just like you browse Facebook or use LINE when out and about - I pay about 300B a month, post pay for my package which includes a certain amount of calls, which I use in excess of atm. I find that works for me, I use the data as a backup for work and have burnt through a data cap before. 

No, I dont use it as a hotspot, you just plug the phone into your car and you have a navigation / entertainment / talking computer system. 

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

You use mobile data - just like you browse Facebook or use LINE when out and about - I pay about 300B a month, post pay for my package which includes a certain amount of calls, which I use in excess of atm. I find that works for me, I use the data as a backup for work and have burnt through a data cap before. 

No, I dont use it as a hotspot, you just plug the phone into your car and you have a navigation / entertainment / talking computer system. 

So as already said, you receive radio/play music on your phone, and plug it into the car radio, be it by cable or Bluetooth.

I think music in the car is a means of getting the family to shut up.

Try Led Zeppelin "Dazed and Confused" live from the "Song Remains the Same" album/movie.

Play it loud.....they will never get in the car with you again.????????

57 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Pay for premium to avoid ads...there's nothign worse than listening to music then sem ad come on...My son uses premium, so when he is in teh car we use that....fortunately he has reasonable taste in music, so it's listenable.

I can think of a few worse things but point taken. Cheers!

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Just use youtube. Totally free, millions of choices. Why pay for music?

Because ads suck.

And at THB 299 p/month -price of three happy hour beers- for up to five people (in the same house)  to have thier own private login to watch and listen to ad free music, plus download unlimited playlists automatically for offline listening, plus get new music suggestions (including remastered favourites) plus access to the largest music catalogue in the world by far, plus ad free YouTube all sounds worth it to me. 

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Because ads suck.

And at THB 299 p/month -price of three happy hour beers- for up to five people (in the same house)  to have thier own private login to watch and listen to ad free music, plus download unlimited playlists automatically for offline listening, plus get new music suggestions (including remastered favourites) plus access to the largest music catalogue in the world by far, plus ad free YouTube all sounds worth it to me. 

3600 a year. 60 Pad Thais.

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

you just plug the phone into your car and you have a navigation / entertainment / talking computer system. 

my phone is old - - what kind of phone is best for that - - time for me to get both a new car and new phone...

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2023 at 3:52 PM, KannikaP said:

So as already said, you receive radio/play music on your phone, and plug it into the car radio, be it by cable or Bluetooth.

Yes - kind of, you stream to your car via your phone. The car doesn’t have a radio, it has a screen and and an amp, when you plug your phone into the car, the car gains the phones OS. To say it’s a Bluetooth / tethered radio is a bit simplistic. A BT radio won’t tell you your schedule when you start up, tell the navigation system your destination and or if you have left the lights on as you leave the gate.