Don Lemon fired by CNN

Scott

And the poor fellow gets upstaged by getting fired the same day as the other guy, which is getting a lot more coverage.  But I would think a rational person would want to go off quietly.  I'm sure he has enough $$$ to live out his days as he pleases, wouldn't mind being in that position. 

58 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Will miss his rants on Trump. He was doing great work on that count. 

You know, pre-2016 Don Lemon was actually an interesting journalist. He talked a lot more about social issues and less about politics. He did some good reporting. But I guess Trump broke his spirit, as he did so many other journalists.  

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You know, pre-2016 Don Lemon was actually an interesting journalist. He talked a lot more about social issues and less about politics. He did some good reporting. But I guess Trump broke his spirit, as he did so many other journalists.  

Indeed, Trump was living rent free in his head, like he does with so many Democrats.

As Dems go, I didn't think Lemon was too bad. Many of his 'misogynistic' comments were simply telling the truth. Such as more people being interested in men's sport because it's generally of a higher standard than women's sport. I guess that's why CNN fired him. Can't have the truth getting in the way of Woke agendas.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

He was ranting on Trump even on his last days in CNN. Trump fired up his spirit and he enjoyed every minute of rebuking him. Far from breaking his spirit. 

A day before he got sacked I read an article that the WH press secretary was invited to be interviewed on CNN.  She agreed on the proviso that she has no contact with Lemon.  I guess when they invite someone on and they respond with voicing concerns about their on-air talent the word "toxic" comes into play.  Chatter was that he had become an obnoxious diva.

I saw a little bit of his New Year's Eve coverage one year, he was obviously drunk, and a miserable drunk at that.

I don't know why he was fired. Maybe it was as simple as his ratings didn't justify his salary. But unlike the notorious white nationalist conspiracy theory monger Tucker C. it's hard for me to imagine much of a career for Lemon after CNN. Where does he go? I doubt MSNBC wants him. He's not the kind of icon that can go independent. Perhaps another podcast!