90 Day Reporting

We are being told by a local Constable (sorry could not resist) that we do not have to go to Immigration offices in Bangkok or Mae Sot, to file our 90 day residence report. We are being told that we can accomplish the same procedure at the Kamphaeng Phet Main Police Station for 30 Baht. If this is true it will be truely welcomed, as it will save a lot of time travelling, gasoline and/or the insecurity of knowing wether your 90 day extension reprot has in fact arrived in Bangkok by mail.

Has anyone else heard of this new method to meet the 90 day reporting requirements?

It would make sense and that is what scares me.

Who exactly told you that and how did they know?

You only make 90 day address reports to Immigration Police only as far as I know. And there is no charge for this service.

There is residence of foreigner reporting that is done at local police stations so fear that there may be a misunderstanding.

You only make 90 day address reports to Immigration Police only as far as I know. And there is no charge for this service.

There is residence of foreigner reporting that is done at local police stations so fear that there may be a misunderstanding.

My friend was told in person by local Police Officer that works in one of the offices in the Kamphaeng Phet Police Station. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

My friend was told in person by local Police Officer that works in one of the offices in the Kamphaeng Phet Police Station. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

I did my first 90 Day report yesterday at Imm. in BK at San Plu or something like that. Drove with my wife from Ngam Wong Wan area. Nightmare journey and 50 baht each way for toll. Very lucky to find a space to park there also, people were just driving around and around the car park area. Was only there about 45mins, all done. Won't drive there again, train & taxi next time like when I applied for my O-A visa.

However asked about posting and was told No as lived too close... Come in person/or send someone. Was told that if out of BK then can go to other offices to report. Anyone know the nearest? Can I report at Don Maung?...only 20 mins away. We go to Kanchanaburi a lot so maybe time next report with a game of golf there.

If you live in Bangkok they do not want you doing the report by post. But there are at least 3 places you can report. One is Suan Phlu. Another is the new immigration office next to the new airport in the Novotel. Third is the One Stop Center at Rasa Tower II (fl 16) on Phahylyothin Road (about 400 meters north of Central Plaza, Latphao) and believe there is parking available there.

I hope the mail work overload at Suan Plu will one day encourage immigration to set up an online service or delegate the task to local police stations.

Although I live in BKK (in the west) I report by mail (EMS) even after having been told on a small handwritten note attached to the return mail (3 times already) that I should not use mail since I'm in BKK.

But the rules do not exclude people in BKK, so I continue until they refuse to accept my mail reporting. Once the mail has been accepted by them (I track EMS online and print confirmation) I consider having done my duty according to the rules.

opalhort

If reporting by post can it be at any office or does it have to be your nearest one?

For reasons stated many times on this forum I really do not want to get envolved with Nong Kai if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

Edited by Lite Beer