Electricity authority clears 5,000 baht bill for unoccupied house

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The 31-year-old homeowner had previously struggled to receive clear answers from the Electricity Authority.

It was only after turning to the media that the issue was resolved.

Strange how often that happens.

• Like 2

I think the electric company is scamming alot of people during this summer. I went to my home in the mountains for 3 days and nights... Usually the bill is 0 for the month because the house is empty and everything is off... this months bill though was over 1000 baht just for us being there those few days and nights.. We never ran the air except for evenings also.... so we can not understand why the bill is so high. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

I think the electric company is scamming alot of people during this summer. I went to my home in the mountains for 3 days and nights... Usually the bill is 0 for the month because the house is empty and everything is off... this months bill though was over 1000 baht just for us being there those few days and nights.. We never ran the air except for evenings also.... so we can not understand why the bill is so high. 

Would not be surprised if the electricity companies are going the same way as the banks and insurance companies and screwing ordinary people.

I understand companies have to make a profit, but they should be fair about it, let's have an example, someone's electricity bill is 5000Bt, or £200, how much profit is made on that? 50%, 100%, 500%, maybe even more.

I have no idea, but when people become millionaire's several times over, surely something is wrong somewhere.

• Confused 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:26 AM, itsari said:

The social media is becoming the only way to bring authorities to a correct decision .

The social media which means facebook in Thailand seems to have more freedom than more traditional news papers in my opinion .

More freedom?

Recall Thailand's Computer Act that had been created by a pro-military Parliament and used by the Prayut government to "unduly restrict freedom of expression."

www.icj.org

The Government can also bring criminal defamation against social media posters for anything that might damage the reputation of Thailand. There are no published guidelines for what constitutes "damage" or " reputation."

Thailand's ranking in the 2022 Freedom on the Net score was 39 out of 100 (100being most free and 0 being least free):

Obstacles to Access         16/25

Limits on Content             14/35

Violations of User Rights   9/40

39/100   

www.freedomhouse.org

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

More freedom?

Recall Thailand's Computer Act that had been created by a pro-military Parliament and used by the Prayut government to "unduly restrict freedom of expression."

www.icj.org

The Government can also bring criminal defamation against social media posters for anything that might damage the reputation of Thailand. There are no published guidelines for what constitutes "damage" or " reputation."

Thailand's ranking in the 2022 Freedom on the Net score was 39 out of 100 (100being most free and 0 being least free):

Obstacles to Access         16/25

Limits on Content             14/35

Violations of User Rights   9/40

39/100   

www.freedomhouse.org

I am sure you are correct , but the social media is doing more to expose a company or a government of wrong doing .