US President Joe Biden announces 2024 presidential run

Social Media

Summary

1. US President Joe Biden has announced that he will seek re-election for the presidency in 2024, with Vice-President Kamala Harris again his running mate
  2. Now 80 and already the oldest president in US history, Biden had long signalled he would run for another four-year term
  3. In a video to launch his bid to retain the White House, he cast the next election as a fight for democracy and personal freedom, saying: "Let's finish the job"
  4. But the Republicans called Biden "out of touch" for seeking re-election, claiming US citizens were counting down the days until they can send him "packing"
  5. Donald Trump has already launched his bid, meaning the pair could be set for a rematch of the 2020 election in November next year
  6. With Biden's Democrats performing better than expected in last year's midterm elections, he is unlikely to face much competition from within his own party
  7. But an NBC News poll recently found that 70 percent of Americans, and just over half of Democrats, believe he should not run again
  • Haha 2

These next 16 months are going to be wild. I'm not affiliated with either party but it's quieter under the incompetent Biden. Trump is virtually another Hitler. DeSantis seems competent even though he's in Florida.

What a mess lol. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Why cant good Americans make better choices instead of ending up with these two? 

mostly because of media fake newsing everything, which has caused extremism. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Furioso said:

mostly because of media fake newsing everything, which has caused extremism. 

Maybe most interesting and important question, who is going to be vice president? Of course if Biden win the election 

2 minutes ago, Furioso said:

rise of political violence? 

You specifically said both parties have become extreme. How? Examples please. Must be related to a political party to be relevant to your claim.

Something like this might be good

Republicans: Downplaying the dangers of extremism only harms our troops

The April 13 arrest of Jack Teixeira, a 21-year-old Massachusetts Air National Guardsman, for espionage due to his leaking top secret documents, is yet another stark reminder of the danger far-right extremists pose to national security. But Republicans don’t seem to agree. 

In a reckless move this past summer, Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC), shut down proposals to root out extremists even as the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies were reporting that white supremacist and antigovernment movements are our number one domestic terrorism threat

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3966624-republicans-downplaying-the-dangers-of-extremism-only-harms-our-troops/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You specifically said both parties have become extreme. How? Examples please. Must be related to a political party to be relevant to your claim.

Something like this might be good

Republicans: Downplaying the dangers of extremism only harms our troops

The April 13 arrest of Jack Teixeira, a 21-year-old Massachusetts Air National Guardsman, for espionage due to his leaking top secret documents, is yet another stark reminder of the danger far-right extremists pose to national security. But Republicans don’t seem to agree. 

In a reckless move this past summer, Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC), shut down proposals to root out extremists even as the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies were reporting that white supremacist and antigovernment movements are our number one domestic terrorism threat

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3966624-republicans-downplaying-the-dangers-of-extremism-only-harms-our-troops/

Most of the media is biased(your link is opinion based) or flat out fake, who do you trust? I bet thehill.com is owned by some piece of crap media conglomerate too.

No, I trust what I see with my own two eyes in the real world. I lived in the U.S. these last 9 years, you did not.

Ooh, I just burned you Ozimoron!

4 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Most of the media is biased(your link is opinion based) or flat out fake, who do you trust? I bet thehill.com is owned by some piece of crap media conglomerate too.

No, I trust what I see with my own two eyes in the real world. I lived in the U.S. these last 9 years, you did not.

Apparently you didn't see any examples of Dem party extremism with your own eyes because you still won't detail any.

Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY

Probably just another Der Stürmer

Just now, Furioso said:

Probably just another Der Stürmer

You're American and you know nothing about one of the premier news outlets? You're just on a messenger shooting expedition here and utterly failed to rise to the challenge to back up your claim.

Just now, ozimoron said:

You're American and you know nothing about one of the premier news outlets? You're just on a messenger shooting expedition here and utterly failed to rise to the challenge to back up your claim.

Is the New York Times another of your esteemed news outlets as well? 

12 minutes ago, Furioso said:

How can you know the reality when they cut and paste so it fits their agenda? I miss when you actually could see the whole debates live, where everyone had time to talk, and not interupted. 

Just now, Hummin said:

How can you know the reality when they cut and paste so it fits their agenda? I miss when you actually could see the whole debates live, where everyone had time to talk, and not interupted. 

Most, if not all, articles come from twitter feuds. Lazy, race baiting "journalists"

This is disappointing news. And as a Democrat, it leaves little room to vote, at all. On the other side we have a circus huckster crime lord, vs. a very smart extremist. No thanks. 

I think youth is needed, but not the Ronald type. Few will get excited about voting for a guy over 80. Though, he has been a decent president. Not great. But, not bad. Brilliant, compared to his reality TV host predecessor, but I realize that is not saying much. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You said both political parties were extreme. Do you want to retract that or support it with evidence?

That was a bizarre statement, wasn't it? I know alot of moderate, centrist dems, myself included. And I know alot of conservatives that despise Trump and DeSantis. The extremists are a small number. Though they do seem to be growing in size. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is disappointing news. And as a Democrat, it leaves little room to vote, at all. On the other side we have a circus huckster crime lord, vs. a very smart extremist. No thanks. 

I think youth is needed, but not the Ronald type. Few will get excited about voting for a guy over 80. Though, he has been a decent president. Not great. But, not bad. Brilliant, compared to his reality TV host predecessor, but I realize that is not saying much. 

Biden has never been known as an extremist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That was a bizarre statement, wasn't it? I know alot of moderate, centrist dems, myself included. And I know alot of conservatives that despise Trump and DeSantis. The extremists are a small number. Though they do seem to be growing in size. 

I am not disputing that many dems are extremist. The claim was that political parties are extremist, not individuals. I was asking for examples of extremist Democratic policies like guns, abortion, removing social security and obamacare, ten commandments in schools, tax cuts for the rich, support for Putin, that sort of thing.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

Im no Donald Trump Fan, but my algoritms decide and make my feed overflow of Tate, Donald, Roagen, and rarely see anything with Biden there. I continue to hit the button see less, do not show this channnel again, but still it is a never ending feed with same stuff. I do once and awhile see both parts channels from many contributors, but the overload of far right stuff is out of control. 

5 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

The Democratic Party will be forced to support old sleepy Joe assuring anyone from the Republican Party to win.

He didn't beat Biden last time, why will it be different this time given the extra baggage Trump is carrying now? And I'm not just talking about his obesity.

10 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

What is even more frightening is if ol sleepy Joe kicks the bucket and Harris assumes the Presidency.

Terrifying. Attorney General of the largest state in the US for 6 years and senator for 4 years vs reality tv star.

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine citizens would be well informed. And imagine they would vote for competent people in the primaries. And then imagine there would be two or more competent people trying to become the country's leader arguing with facts and reasonable ideas for the future.

And all this applies to all over the world. 

When the internet world wide web started many of us had the hope that that will help that people are well informed to make good balanced decisions. And now... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1