Thai Health Expert Warns Youth Against Smoking Weed

snoop1130

ควันกัญชา-กัญชง-728x485-1-630x420.jpg

PHOTO: Prachachat

The Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine iterates to the public that it is against the law to sell cannabis to children under 20 years old, pregnant women, and breast-feeding women, following a viral video clip that shows an unidentified teenager smoking weed.

Dr. Tewan Thanirat, deputy director of the department, told a press conference on Wednesday, April 26th, that the department was concerned about the teenager in the footage because he was violating the law by smoking cannabis at a young age.

Those who sold the plant to the kid may be subject to a legal penalty, including one-year imprisonment or a 20,000-baht fine, as outlined in the Controlled Herb (Marijuana) 2022 notification issued by the Public Health Ministry, Dr. Tewan stated.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/27/thai-health-expert-warns-youth-against-smoking-weed/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-04-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah but without the weed maybe you would have been an Einstein?

I did well academically too in a weed soaked environment, but I think it's best for developing brains to avoid it.

Brains becomes fully developed in the mid twenties. I also find it amusing that the article states "children under 20 years old."   Now I know there are plenty of manchilds around but IMO an 18 year old (old enough to vote) is not a child.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pookiki said:

The whole problem with 'legalizing' marijuana in Thailand is that it was done without any sufficient regulatory oversight. If one looks at situation in the USA where marijuana is legal in some states but tightly regulated, the distinction is stark. Having said that, there is no regulatory environment in Thailand that is beyond being corrupted or laxly enforced. As long as marijuana is 'legal', it will be widely available, smoked in public, and kids will have easy access.

Anutin was just out for a popularity boost.

He knew the fall-out would follow and Thais would do what Thais do best... free-for-all.

• Haha 1