Home Appliances - Best Place To Buy

chuckacinco

Hi

I need to buy a washing machine and an oven. Where should I go in Bangkok where the price and service are good.

Thank You Thaivisa Members

Chuckacinco

The same products tend to be equally priced, regardless of where you buy them. Emporium or Lotus.

Just go where it is convenient to you.

Hi

I need to buy a washing machine and an oven. Where should I go in Bangkok where the price and service are good.

Thank You Thaivisa Members

Chuckacinco

The same products tend to be equally priced, regardless of where you buy them. Emporium or Lotus.

Just go where it is convenient to you.

We bought at Lotus Tosco as it was close and the prices all seemed similar. I would reccommend you get the extended warranty

. It was 500 baht I think. We got it for the washing machine and it came in handy as we had a few problem. One where a mice got in and ate some of the wire and there was a problem of the pump and filter plugged with sediment from the water. Paid for itself. But up to you.

As already stated, most places are much of a muchness. I'd just like to advise against Robinson Department Store at Seacon Square. The prices look attractive, but more than once when I've tried to make a purchase at the displayed price they've said the promotion was over. So why do they still display those prices in their store? When I asked, the manager was "unavailable". Poor service in anybody's book. I don't imagine their aftersales service is very good.

Poor service in anybody's book. I don't imagine their aftersales service is very good.

The after service is with the manufacturer. Post sales has delivery, installation and warranty.

Other than delivery, the seller is out of the picture in any case. Even if the equipment broke down while testing the installation, it's manufacturer's problem.

Edited by think_too_mut