Road work on Thepprasit Rd. is causing increased unnecessary traffic congestion

In Full Agreement

An article earlier today on Asean Now claimed  traffic congestion in Pattaya is being caused by an increase in tourist.      I disagree.

On Thepprasit Rd. I'd say the cause it  is clearly the  road work being done (and to a great extent not done quickly).       Yesterday coming back from  the Route 66 Restaurant the Missus decided to drive all the way down Thepprasit and it was a rough going.      Unlike Singapore where traffic mitigation is down to a science, there was nothing  at all done to improve conditions on the road.

One of the serious causes of the congestion was the  cadre of workers constructing  a  concrete median for the road.     There would be no reason whatsoever why this work couldn't be done during off hours but  I suppose no one thought about having the contract require that.

Unless there's some miracle cure in the end, l  think the contractor will have constructed one of the crappiest medians I've ever seen.    It's so wavy, I nearly got sea sick driving alongside it.    I dread finding out what the usage results of this median will be upon its completion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A lot of congestion in Pattaya and Jomtien.

Are 100% caused by, the selfish Thai drivers, parking any place that is convent for them, also double or even treble parked at 7/11 stores. and the like.

What a selfish bunch they are.

• Like 2

"I dread finding out what the usage results of this median will be upon its completion"

- Many bikes and cars crashed to the median while passing or avoiding others, causing unnecessary carnage and human suffering. 

- Quite a few cars stuck on their bottoms on top of the median while trying to make u-turn over it.

- Causing unnecessary queues when someone stops on left lane so that no space to bypass from the right due to the median (even if no coming traffic)

- Hawkers selling amulets and flowers standing on it

Thus can not say it will be useless or unused!

Wait for year or two it will be wiped off, just like the Watboon roundabout. Good source of income for officials.

I've lived along Thepprasit for the last 12 years and it's been a great spot to live, the fastest way to get to the beach or Sukhumvit, and not far from Jomtien or Pattaya as well as all the big stores on Sukhumvit. The last few years it's become a joke with the roadworks. It looks like the central barrier they're building will stop people taking many of the right-turns that are popular, presumably there will be the very dangerous fast-lane U-turn places instead. I'm just glad that I know all the back streets and rat runs so I can avoid the traffic jams, though they're a lot slower than just driving along Thepprasit would have been in the past. This is a fine example of what should be a guiding principle of government: if it ain't broke, don't try fixing it. Thepprasit worked fine, but I guess the crocodiles in City Hall saw an opportunity to pocket some money and so we now have to put up with this unholy mess.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, quake said:

A lot of congestion in Pattaya and Jomtien.

Are 100% caused by, the selfish Thai drivers, parking any place that is convent for them, also double or even treble parked at 7/11 stores. and the like.

What a selfish bunch they are.

I have often held the belief, that while many bang on about the standard of driving here, the ignorance where parking is concerned, can also amaze.