You need a Euro balance account that's SEPA approved

Google says:

What is SEPA Payment Method?

SEPA payments are cashless payments in euro currency that are processed via the Single Euro Payments Area network to facilitate cross-border bank transfers in 36 Eurozone and non-euro area countries. The SEPA payment method makes cross-border transfers fast and cost-effective.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Google says:

What is SEPA Payment Method?

SEPA payments are cashless payments in euro currency that are processed via the Single Euro Payments Area network to facilitate cross-border bank transfers in 36 Eurozone and non-euro area countries. The SEPA payment method makes cross-border transfers fast and cost-effective.

I see that, thanks. So it looks like the RBS accept SEPA but wondering about the EURO account. 

I am just a user and no banker, I had the following experience:

Many banks in Europe transfer money with SEPA, a few use SWIFT.

Having a EUR account in Europe means most of the time EUR can be easily and cheap transferred, i.e. via filling out an online form, with SEPA.

If the receiving bank uses SWIFT instead of SEPA it's more complicated and more expensive.

13 minutes ago, treetops said:

Is your RBS account a Euro account?  If so, then yes it's SEPA approved.

https://www.rbs.co.uk/business/support-centre/making-and-accepting-payments/electronic-payments/sepa-direct-debit.html

I'd better contact my bank. 

Thanks.

Do you think I'd be better just getting paid into WISE, or equivalent? I am going to be transferring to my Thai banks at some point. 

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'd better contact my bank. 

Thanks.

Do you think I'd be better just getting paid into WISE, or equivalent? I am going to be transferring to my Thai banks at some point. 

Where did the requirement per the thread title come from?