Who forms the government IF

kingstonkid

If as all the doomsday sayers are stating  PT gets the most seats MFP comes second and UTN gets 26 seats.

Then the senate confirms Prayut or Prawit as PM.  Who forms the rest of the government?

Is the PM allowed to pick his cronies or do PT and MFP, as the coalition party in power in the house form the government?

This whole election thing seems confusing to me a political junky  I can just imagine what it is going to be like for the average Thai that says " I voted PT they won why is Praetong not Prime minister?  

• Haha 1

It all depends on who wins the election, who gains the most electorate seats and party list seats.

It also depends on the EC and the CC NOT resulting in the dirty tricks that they did in the last "election".

Depending on the number of seats won will also depend on the winning party joining in a coalition with the second winning party.

If for example the PTP and the MFP join in a coalition and win more that 376 electorate seats between then, this will nullify the unelected 250 senators votes.

Each party that wins 25 seats (I am not sure if party list seats count) can nominate up to 3 persons eligible to become the PM.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

Just now, billd766 said:

It all depends on who wins the election, who gains the most electorate seats and party list seats.

It also depends on the EC and the CC NOT resulting in the dirty tricks that they did in the last "election".

Depending on the number of seats won will also depend on the winning party joining in a coalition with the second winning party.

Each party that wins 25 seats (I am not sure if party list seats count) can nominate up to 3 persons eligible to become the PM.

That I know my concern is that the senate has a vote for PM.  So the PT  could get 205 MFP 75  which would give them enough votes to be in charge of the government.

In the PM voted  UTN 24  PPRP 35 votes senate 250 small parties and individuals 76 votes  Prawit becomes PM.  

Now does that mean that all the ministers would be his hand picked cronies or would THE PT MFP fill them.

I think that getting anything done in this country is going to almost be impossible.

• Like 1

General Topics

A forum for general interest and discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums. The General Forum is not a place for political topics, chit chat, banter or observations about daily life. With the exception of politics, those sorts of topics should be placed in the ASEAN NOW Community Pub forum.

Topic closed.

• Like 1