Thailand’s tourism is back

webfact

On 5/1/2023 at 4:37 PM, dinsdale said:

I'm guessing the Malaysian numbers is counting those who pop over the border to do shopping and pop back again. Not exactly tourists.

Their average length of stay is 4-5 days.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the Malaysian numbers is counting those who pop over the border to do shopping and pop back again. Not exactly tourists.

Doesn't really matter.  You're still comparing apples to apples when you are comparing 2022 or 2023 visitor statistics to, say, 2019--still the record year for visitors to Thailand.  The counting system hasn't changed.  

• Like 1

How many days or nights does a person need to stay in order to qualify as a tourist, and why? Anyone who visits the country only for a few hours and spends money here for pleasure (rather than business) is a tourist, by any definition.

"a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure".

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+tourist&rlz=1C1UEAD_enTH996TH996&oq=define+tourist&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIJCAEQABgTGIAEMgkIAhAAGBMYgAQyCQgDEAAYExiABDIJCAQQABgTGIAEMgkIBRAAGBMYgAQyCQgGEAAYExiABDIJCAcQABgTGIAEMgkICBAAGBMYgAQyCQgJEAAYExiABNIBCTI4ODdqMWoxNagCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8