Do I need to do a new TM 30 ?

I will exit to kill off my Non O A and return visa exempt. 

I will go to CW a couple of weeks before the expiration to apply for Non O..90 day.

I have all, I hope, the information on how and what I need to do that.....except.

I have lived in the same place for years. I have a TM 30 for this address.

When I return, I will use the same address....so....do I need to do a new TM 30??

Or can I just show the one I have now.?

Thanks.

Yes, you will have to notify your local Imm Office again that you have returned to your previous 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  Even when travelling extensively domestically or internationally, there would be no reason to do so when you stayed on an unbroken chain of Permits to stay.  But by exiting Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit in order to 'kill' the Permit to stay of your current Non Imm O-A Visa you are deliberately breaking that chain in order to start afresh with a VisaExempt entry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

I will exit to kill off my Non O A and return visa exempt. 

I will go to CW a couple of weeks before the expiration to apply for Non O..90 day.

There must be a misunderstanding in what you wrote here.

You can only apply in-country for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa when having entered on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt, and this must be done when you have at least 15 days left on the Permit to stay you will receive on entering Thailand.  The Visa Exempt entry that you are going to do , will provide you with a 30 days Permit to stay (which can be extended for an additional 30 days at your local Imm Office, which will be delivered on the spot and costs 1.900 THB). 

So you do not have a 'couple of weeks' to apply to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at CW.  But it has to be done during the first 2 weeks (and when you apply for the 30 days extension, you will have 6 weeks to do it). 

NOTE: And if you are renting, you would have to bring the TM-30 notification that your landlord filed on your return to notify local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at the premises.  Alternatively you can also bring a copy of the rental contract and a signed front/back copy of the ID-card of the owner - and if you have it a copy of the house-book - when you do the 90-day Non Imm O Visa application.

Edited by Red Phoenix

@JohnofPhon - I have PM-ed you two comprehensive Guidelines in response to your query.

#1 - Guideline for long-stay in Thailand on a Non Imm O-A Visa or a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, which also addresses the process of how to get rid of the Permit to stay from your current Non Imm O-A Visa and after having done so then applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, and subsequent extensions.

#2 - Guideline on TM-30, which outlines how to register your address on the IO TM-30 website, allowing you to issue a TM-30 on-line without the need of bothering your landlord with it, or having to go to Immigration to do it in person.