Sin sod - Lao girl

bbi1

21 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

How do you now she had no interest marrying Chinese? All bar girls I met in Thailand told me they are not interested in farangs. Only interested in Thai handsome men. They go with farang and even marry a farang only for money.

And you believe that, then generalise and then project that generalisation to the Op with the insulting assumption that the lady he is about to marry is a bar-girl ???....  :clap2:

... I suspect the evident lack critical thought you example places you in an extremely poor position to understand any of this let alone provide any salient or valid information or advice... ????

• Like 1

with due respect.... how much would you pay for a used car, would your price be based on the amount of kms/ miles and overall outside looks, sometimes cars with a lot of millage/kms still look good and run well... up to you

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Roughly, how much money and/or gold is usual for sin sod to a Lao girl's family?

Is the sin sod for marrying a Lao girl similar or less than for a Thai girl or the equivilant?

What factors influence how much sin sod is given?

Let's say a Lao girl is in her early 30s, never married, no baby, finished high school, is the only girl in the family, comes from a poor family, has had sexual relations with a few different men before in Laos and Thailand. How much would be expected for the sin sod?

The problem is, many of her extended family have married rich Chinese businessmen (well, not really married but only in the village) who need to marry a Lao person so they can do business in Laos. Those Chinese people apparently pay big sin sod because they need a Lao woman so they can conduct business in Laos. But she has never had any interest in marrying any Chinese.

Depends on what business you're planning on setting up in Laos, no?

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

How do I know she is not even a bar girl? Any person who can't find girls from their own land to marry and have to travel 10,000 miles to find a bride? If the OP told the age difference, I could have been more certain. 

Because the Op hasn’t said she’s a bar girl !!!... 

Your comment implies that any Westerner with a partner (wife / GF) in Thailand has travelled here because they are incapable of finding such in their own country.

I’m wondering IF your opinions are based around your own limited experiences, that you are here because you are incapable of finding anyone in your own country ergo you project everyone else is in the same boat scraping the barrel.

Your opinion is not only flawed, its wholly unintelligent and insulting to the Op and anyone with a partner here.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Those numbers are only demanded because you're a farang.Even if she was an 18 yo virgin it would be too much.No disrespect but there is no great demand for her demographic.

There are no guarantees that the marriage will last. Money and wifey gone forever.

IMHO its a mugs game.Give the folks 10k and just cohabitate.Done deal.

The old saying applies here.>Don't buy the whole cow if you only want a glass of milk.

PS:I've been married 3 times already.

Lightweight 

Offer them them a fixed fee every month as long you are married to their daughter, Im quite sure that is in the deal anyway, so why not just go for that from beginning. 

I wouldnt get involved with a girl where they expected a fantasy wedding. 

Know the family you get married to, rule number one. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, proton said:

Could that be anything to do with the failed marriages?

Do what? Not paying to be touched?

I remember at least a few dozen posters here over the years and their failed pay for play marriages.

So, let me get this straight. I don't pay sinsod and get divorced. You pay sinsod and get divorced.

Thanks but no thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Actually, she told me it's something near 500,000 baht and 5 baht in gold, which I think it's too much. She thinks it's better that we don't marry so I don't need to spend so much.

If she had university, that amount is normal among Isan families, meaning marriage between thai man thai girl. Lived long enough to see there is no differences between sin sod given by foreigners and locals, the expectations is the same, but foreigners maybe fail in having someone to speak for them, and lower the true price paid compare the show money.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2023 at 3:08 PM, BritManToo said:

Didn't think it was possible for a white foreigner to marry a Laos girl.

Many difficult hoops to jump.

Better to see if you CAN marry her before you discuss money.

I thought it was just an age restriction, but definitely worth checking out.

How much is a girl worth? If she's not a virgin- no sin sod required.

Actually, no sin sod is required anyway. The Thais did a great job conning gullible farangs into believing that it is.

If she loves you she'll marry you without being bought.

Far as I'm concerned, if they won't marry you unless you buy them, they ain't worth marrying anyway.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If she loves you she'll marry you without being bought.

Far as I'm concerned, if they won't marry you unless you buy them, they ain't worth marrying anyway.

Disagree,

I've rented/bought many Asian ladies, and they were all better than the Brit lady that allegedly married me for love. The trick is, not to give them enough money up front, that they no longer need you.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/7/2023 at 5:41 PM, jaideedave said:

Those numbers are only demanded because you're a farang.Even if she was an 18 yo virgin it would be too much.No disrespect but there is no great demand for her demographic.

There are no guarantees that the marriage will last. Money and wifey gone forever.

IMHO its a mugs game.Give the folks 10k and just cohabitate.Done deal.

The old saying applies here.>Don't buy the whole cow if you only want a glass of milk.

PS:I've been married 3 times already.

LOL. I gave the folks nothing, and they spent our marriage trying to get her to divorce me so she could marry a richer man.

In the end they succeeded, but by then she was too old to be worth anything anyway.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2023 at 6:53 PM, RichardColeman said:

30's, non virgin - would not pay anything. She'd be lucky to get a man to take care of her for the rest of her life.

Explain to the family that you will be taking care of her for the rest of her life, that you will help the parents out financially on occasion and spend a lot on a good wedding for the relatives to see. 

Wow, you are generous mak mak.

Would you make that sort of deal with a woman/ family from your home country?

BTW, are the Thai women farangs marry incapable of working, so needing to be taken care of for the rest of their lives?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2023 at 11:44 AM, BritManToo said:

Disagree,

I've rented/bought many Asian ladies, and they were all better than the Brit lady that allegedly married me for love. The trick is, not to give them enough money up front, that they no longer need you.

You need to get over that British ex wife.  Nearly every post you make you mention her and how much she took you for.  

Time to move on wuth your life.  

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 11:23 AM, Celsius said:

Married 3 times in Thailand. All women had no children, university and MBA educated. Never paid this "sinsod".

Only married ones in Thailand paid 20.000 baht which I got back after the wedding.

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

You need to get over that British ex wife.  Nearly every post you make you mention her and how much she took you for.  

Time to move on wuth your life.  

Some things one never gets over. I'm still aggrieved about how I got taken for a fool with my first partner and I left her in the 90s. Came out of that with almost nothing at 35 years old. I had it all and lost it all to her.

Had to start over from nothing.