Man Held For Killing British-Thai Youth Over Drug Deal

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Stories such as the above and others similar are part of everyday life where people, young and old engaged in crimes of all sorts and mainly in the drug trade that seems to be a very lucrative one,

I can't imagine a society where there are no crimes, or drug dealings, and when you have those, and no matter how the police will try to manage and control crimes, you also will have victims, rightly or wrongly, the young will still die.

Yes oh wise one, it is indeed a world in which things are always happening.

What would we do without your invincible, piercing insight?

Ever thought of getting a YouTube channel?

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

If people would stop doing drugs in the first place, drug cartels wouldn't exist and the world would be a better place. 

I agree. Knowing the vast amount of information out there pointing to the danger to life of incredibly addictive drugs, I can't imagine why anyone would dabble in them in the first place. 

No doubt there'll be several apologists, they might even have invented a syndrome for it as with other types of bad behaviour.

Back to the subject in hand, RIP young man and I hope the girl is safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Agreed. It makes no sense. Maybe the guy wanted a piece of the girlfriend and they tried to resist? or maybe she was already sleeping with him and the kid found out and confronted him? It's extremely weird that the gf would ride with him (without trying to run away or ask for help) after she witnesses him murder her bf. Unless she was in on it or sleeping with him already.

Or already suffered the same fate as the bf, trust the bib  they will sort it out for us, 

6 minutes ago, Umlungu said:

Forget about the drugs, that's just a decoy thrown by the -alleged - offender and accepted all too easily by the police. Consideing this guy's background, being on some sort of early release from jail after serving time for sex offences, he probably went for the girl, the boy tried to defend her - being an inconvenient witness anyhow - and was murdered. The girl was probably sexually abused and possible murdered thereafter. The best we can hope for is that she escaped and is in hiding.

I think you are spot on, I hope the bib can think out of the box also

UPDATE:

Sex offender confesses to murdering Thai-British teenager, girlfriend still missing
by leah

image.jpeg

Photos via Facebook

A man formerly imprisoned for sex crimes has confessed to murdering the Thai-British teenager who was found dead in the woods of Lampang province, northern Thailand, on Sunday. The police are still searching for the deceased’s missing girlfriend.

Police arrested a 44 year old Thai man named Chaiwat Boonkarin under suspicion of murder and concealing a corpse on Monday. Initially, he denied the charges. After being interrogated all night, he confessed to killing 17 year old Woramet “Ben” Taota, a dual Thai-British citizen. Chaiwat was released from prison for sex crimes less than eight months ago.

On Saturday, 17 year old Woramet “Ben” Taota went for a motorbike ride with a 16 year old Thai girl named Surapitchaya, or “Ping Pong,” in his hometown of Lampang at around 4pm.

A local rubbish collector discovered Ben lying dead in the forest in Ban Than, San Dorn Gaew subdistrict, Mae Tha district on Sunday. Police from Mae Tha Police Station and Lampang Provincial Police travelled to the scene with forensic officers, doctors, and Tanna Krua Forest Rescue workers.

Police say that Ben’s face was covered in blood and there were signs that his face and head were beaten with a blunt object. Police say there was a hole in his face, similar to a bullet hole, but he was not shot.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/sex-offender-confesses-to-murdering-thai-british-teenager-girlfriend-still-missing

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

Prohibition in the US 1920-1933 proved unworkable. Governments around the world could make billions in taxes on legalised drugs. Place a ban on something and that item has a value, which will be exploited.

Absolutely, just luck at the massive benefit to society legalized marijuana has been. 

4 hours ago, VinnieK said:

The boy should be in Blighty playing with dolls not purchasing drugs in Thailand.

54 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I know what you mean, even though others don't.

Seems neither of you know, he is a Thai citizen who lived in Thailand.

6 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

While I agree that the drug cartels are ruthless and an abomination to civilization... the "gone too young" was a choice that he made.  First... do not become a drug mule... second... if you do don't rip off the cartel... you can't fix stupid.

He was a 16 year old kid!

i admit it was stupid but he was just a boy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Who knows how much of his story is true. Guy confesses after a lengthy interrogation. We know that in countries where police are disciplined and where interrogations are filmed, a lot of people confess to crimes they did not commit (25% of post-conviction DNA exonerations can be traced back to this). But let's say (and hope) the police have other solid evidence, and this guy is the perpetrator. Then he has every incentive to (in his mind) mitigate his actions by saying the youth was a drug dealer who ripped him off etc etc. I wouldn't assume any of that is necessarily true until there is other corroboration.  

Yes,if he beat the kid with a stick there should be DNA all over the place. That should be bulletproof  evidence. Am I wrong here?

4 hours ago, Dcheech said:

You have lived in Thailand for how long and you believe the perps story? Any criminal in Thailand has to have an excuse, from brake failure, to he ripped me off. BTW I really liked Joe Ferrari's excuse's. Who knows what actually happened. At the end of the day he savagely murdered a person

And we believe the story issued by the Royal Police Farce who admit to grilling this guy over night and into the afternoon? Call me old fashioned but ….. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

We need the girl involved in this murder  to confirm to police the true story if drugs were involved 

Hopefully she will be found okay 

I doubt that she will be, it doesn't matter if she was involved with the perp or not, she knows (knew) too much, who could trust a 16 year old girl to keep her mouth shut.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I pray he gets the death penalty, real sooooooon !

He hasn't been found guilty yet, a confession under duress means nothing, after what sounds like 20hrs of 'Interrogation.' by the RTP even I would probably admit guilt.  This is why the death penalty was abolished in many countries, (Pray to who?.)

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

.......... who could trust a 16 year old girl to keep her mouth shut.

Almost every drug gang in Thailand.

My misses was a member of a police controlled drug gang in BK from age 18+, who would she grass to? 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1