Man Held For Killing British-Thai Youth Over Drug Deal

webfact

3 hours ago, jvs said:

He was a 16 year old kid!

i admit it was stupid but he was just a boy.

He was old enough to know the game, play by the rules or get removed.

I hope the girl is okay, but her silence is worrying.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

He hasn't been found guilty yet, a confession under duress means nothing, after what sounds like 20hrs of 'Interrogation.' by the RTP even I would probably admit guilt. 

That means your weak.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Absolutely, just luck at the massive benefit to society legalized marijuana has been. 

Just recently I was reading that in the UK younger people were not drinking as much as young people were years before. I wonder how much this is to do with it being cheaper to get high than to get drunk?

• Like 1

So not really an update he's admitted killing him after many hours of interrogation -  killing him with a stick after some sort of drug deal  (guessing the puncture wound in his face but not shot - instead the police say blunt weapon & GF still missing) that was reported yesterday! 

The huge thing here is the boy was 16 ! Didn’t he have parents, schooling, a job, family life.? Lack of any education again, as seen all over Thailand.  Anyway, odds are, he wanted to rent a place for him and his «  minor » girlfriend. So they cooked up a job with a local lowlife. Something went wrong , the boy was murdered, the girl either got away on the bike, or is hidden away somewhere. The police might have found her and is keeping her safe, who knows. 
Other news was the two young Russian kids creating hell in a Pattaya market. Really ?? Are kids that crazy stupid these days , or do parents really not care a damn ? 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, geisha said:

?? Are kids that crazy stupid these days , or do parents really not care a damn ? 

No more so than when you were a kid...  

And the old moaners are no worse now than they were when you were a kid...

The difference is that now there is social medial to give voice and more fuel to the ‘old moaners’ and the ’stuff’ kids get up to is more visible. 

Now: I expect a number of “back in my day” anecdotes that involve words and phrases such as ‘respect’ and 'clip round the ear’.... etc...  thats just conformation bias...  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

While drugs are a hole people fall into, many of the people involved, particularly traffickers are doing what they want. 

What is saddest about attics is the number of well-meaning people that do more harm than good. 

Well! There you go then. The perfect answer, Well-meaning people to shut up!

Better that than Edmund Burke's: - 

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good people to do nothing'

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

No more so than when you were a kid...  

And the old moaners are no worse now than they were when you were a kid...

The difference is that now there is social medial to give voice and more fuel to the ‘old moaners’ and the ’stuff’ kids get up to is more visible. 

Now: I expect a number of “back in my day” anecdotes that involve words and phrases such as ‘respect’ and 'clip round the ear’.... etc...  thats just conformation bias...  

I was young in the 60s and 70s , had lots of friends who were mostly normal. There were plenty of drugs about in those days too, and I must say I never heard of kids selling drugs. If you wanted them they were everywhere in the nightclubs and sold by adults , not kids., Parents were a bit stricter too, you never missed a days school , didn’t talk back to the teachers or beat them up !! You might think that’s old fashioned, but now often on my way home from shopping in Thailand the bus was full of kids stuffing their faces with crap food or drinking beer ! Never seen any adult complain. How do you imagine the lives of todays youths , do you believe they’ll have all the advantages we had/ have ???

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, craighj said:

What is the bet that she is more involved than just a innocent bystander?

Craighj

Look at what we know so far. Male dead, 16yr girl missing the accused is a convicted sex offender, He says drugs are involved, BUT this sounds like the usual made-up excuse rather than admitting self is wrong. I hope not but I suspect they will discover a second death. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When I see a case like this I'm suspicious. Maybe the cops got the right guy, but the fact that they interrogated him for 24 hours (or more?) makes me suspect a false confession. There's a lot of pressure on the cops to "find the killer," and they are often happy to serve up any convenient scapegoat. From the postings on this thread, I notice that few people share my skepticism, and, indeed, sound like they would happily join a lynch mob to prevent an inconvenient trial.

UPDATE:

Suspected murderer of Thai-British teen attacked during re-enactment

image-65.jpg

A relative of the 17 year old Thai-British teenager Woramet “Ben” Taota – who was murdered in Lampang in northern Thailand on Saturday – attacked the suspected murderer with a wooden stick during a re-enactment of the crime this morning.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1294533-suspected-murderer-of-thai-british-teen-attacked-during-re-enactment/

11 hours ago, Bundooman said:

But on your terms, naturally - not the terms of the general population who have to suffer through the lack of self-control by druggies, eh?

So by your thinking should we ban alcohol as well, because it causes as much if not more problems than drugs. The vast majority of social drug users don't cause any problems,  just the same as social alcohol users.  Maybe you're just not aware of the numbers. I'm not personally condoning drug use, I just just aware that a vast number of people use without causing problems, so maybe decriminalization could be the way forward, especially if you look at the crime statistics of the countries that have introduced this policy.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Generally, yes and yes.

Took in a homeless 13yo girl last year, she was a total nightmare.

I paid for everything, school, uniforms, books, clothes, food, pocket money.

Constant stealing from us, lying to us, playing truant.

The school informed us she hadn't attended enough days to move to the next year.

Ended with her final day stealing our m/c and staying out all night to bang her bf.

We put her on the bus to BKK to live with her mother.

Her mother put her back on the bus as she didn't want her, but at least we were rid.

I would have paid for her all the way through university if she had wanted.

Lol, sounds like my Thai nieces when I looked after them.  No stealing from me, but plenty of truant and sneeking out at night to bang their BFs after I went to bed.  I double-locked the front door and then they would creep out of the windows!  I superglued the windows shut and they bought superglue dissolver!!  Teenagers!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Well! There you go then. The perfect answer, Well-meaning people to shut up!

Better that than Edmund Burke's: - 

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good people to do nothing'

The problem is well meaning people doing things based only on their good intentions, without regard to the actual results. This makes them Evil. 

17 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I agree. It was a choice he made (as far as we know). Maybe he was forced into it or threatened. We can't pass judgement on someone for a situation we will never know the entire story about. Either way he was indeed gone too soon. 

The problem is (as always), being in police custody for that amount of time and the manipulating methods of the police to extract confessions, suspects will end up saying anything to end their torture!  No good expecting true or accurate confessions from police interrogation.

Whatever the real version of the truth is, it is unlikely that any of us will find out.

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He was old enough to know the game, play by the rules or get removed.

I hope the girl is okay, but her silence is worrying.

Maybe the drug story is bogus, and it was just an escalation of the perps previous sex attacks into sex-murder, preceded/followed by murdering the person who got in the way/witness.

In which case her silence is probably permanent.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Which implies that you are saying, "Be a man - like me, I can take it - I'm tough............ from your armchair!

No what I am implying is that if your not guilty, you don't admit guilt, regardless if it's from your arm chair, but then again, you've sown you're weakness.

Guilty-af GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

If drugs were legal the world would be a better place.

I guess you never saw a friend or member of your family dying of an overdose?
Or being addicted to a drug and killing or stealing to buy his drugs for has addiction?

Stupid answer

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I guess you never saw a friend or member of your family dying of an overdose?
Or being addicted to a drug and killing or stealing to buy his drugs for has addiction?

Stupid answer

Indeed.